Quantcast

Jim Boehmer

1993 Mule 2510 vibration

I have a pretty bad vibration on accelloration at speeds, not from a stand still. U-joints & center support are fine, no slippage in the clutch, engine is fine, runs normal. Wheels, brakes, bearings all good, CV joints ok and really nothing obvious causing this vibration.

I am wondering about the Drive Convertor. Does anyone know what a bad convertor can produce as far as problems go. I have not diss assembled or inspected it yet. I have replaced the clutch a few times  over the 26 years. 

Welcome  to the forum!

I'm not sure what could be causing it, but it could very well be the interior of the centrifugal is wore out. It is belt driven, correct?

If you could post a video that would be very helpful.

Hey Travis. It is belt driven. I am going to disassemble the clutch area this weekend. Maybe I will find something in there. If I did a video, what were you thinking it would be of? The vibration while its moving? 

39 minutes ago, Jim Boehmer said:

what were you thinking it would be of? The vibration while its moving? 

This just got me thinking.

My 550 has the same drive set up as yours.

Start the Mule, and put it in Neutral, and rev the engine as you would speeding  if you while driving, if there is no vibration, then more than likley it ISN'T the clutch. be cause it operates the same as when you're in gear.

Did i make my point clear? i'm bad at transferring thoughts into  typed words.

Hi Travis,

Pretty sure I did that already. Good thought for me to double check that. This is what made me ask about the converter. I will check this tomorrow. Sure do appreciate the  support here. I will post back this weekend.

• Like 1

I'd try jacking it up, and put it on stands. Then put it in gear, and try to replicate the vibration. You might be able to narrow it down if its immobile, with only the drive train in motion. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alejandro Arguello
      I just went once to do some mudding and loved it.
      Looking around and the only utv for 4 i could find in my price range was a joyner.
      None of the people that were there had joyners. And when i asked why all they could say is that bc its chinese and not good.
      Well none of them have ever owned one so how could they tell its junk?
      So can anyone tell me if its worth buying a joyner or save more and buy a different utv?
      Thank you
    • By Mikey
      Just bought a well used 2500 with 6,800 hours on the clock. Guy said it had a bad engine but it did run and drive when I tested it and it billowed white smoke. I found oil in the water and a disconnected fan switch. A compression test yielded 160 psi in one cylinder and 240 psi in the other. I put 15 psi in the cooling system and it dropped to zero in 30 seconds.  I removed the spark plugs and put 100 psi of air into each spark plug hole and coolant few out of the uncapped radiator. So I figured I had two bad head gaskets.
      I took the heads of the engine and found two bad head gaskets. Cleaned them up, checked for cracks, found none and reassembled with new genuine Kawasaki head gaskets.  Started engine and it ran well but smoked constantly at idle and at full throttle. Comprression test now yielded 240 psi and 245 psi which is higher than I have ever seen in any gasoline engine I have ever tested. I put 100 psi into each spark plug hole and no water or air bubbled out of the open radiator cap. When I put 15 psi into the cooling system it held pressure. Also fixed the fan switch connection and installed a digital temperature guage so I know exactly what temperature the engine is seeing and that the thermostat and cooling system is functioning properly.
      The engine smokes like it is worn out and needs overbored but with those great compression numbers it is had to believe. I am ready to pull the engine and tear it down but thought I would post to this forum before I did.
      This is my first Mule. I only paid $800 for it and might decide to just part it out depending what I find inside the engine. Brakes are good, trans works fine and there is almost no rust anywhere.
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks, Mike

• By olamerke
      Other than my UTV, I also own a 2008 Honda TRX 700XX. I am planning to buy it a new set of tires and rims.  Can anyone here suggest an affordable yet durable atv tire and wheel package that I can check out?
    • By kandlinaz
      Well, after a bad experience with repairs to our Trooper, Lloyd tore into the engine himself. We originally wanted to save time by hiring the engine rebuild out, but that bit us square in the butt. Remember the discussion about Silverbullet motorsports in Yuma??
      Stay tuned....we'll let you know what happens. 
      Has anyone rebuilt the engine in these troopers?
    • By OlEd
      Hisun 500 having overheating problem after water pump install. Should  engine have a thermostat ? Has a thermostat housing but no stat, parts diagram showed it doesn’t. If it does where would I get one if Hisun doesn’t offer?