Quantcast

OlEd

Hisun 500 engine thermostat

No it was fine.  Drove it over 100 miles with no problem.  I am thinkimg more and more you are right that it is a head gasket.  Strange though I would think you would smell it in the exhaust.

Sometimes you can smell it. Sometimes there'll be a drip as it idles. But not always. There's another test, that tests for exhaust gasses in the coolant. But I know first hand, that it's not 100% reliable. The leak down test is the best.

The plugs might be an indicator too. If one looks brand new, that would be consistent with being steam cleaned with coolant. But since you'd have to remove the head to fix it. A job like that requires certainty. 

Yes for sure.  If it needs a gasket I will have it done.  I saw what it takes to do one and keeping everything straight with the timing looks like a nightmare.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Maloney
      The seat belts have a safety feature that make the utv not be able to go over 15 mph if the buckles aren't latched.
      2020 hisun 250 sector
    • By Joe Breaux
      Got a 2017 Massimo MSU500 UTV with thermostat malfunction.. hot light comes on in 4-5 minutes but radiator is ice cold... where exactly is it?  The hose neck on the head has nothing in it.  I was told it was down by oil drain plug.. only thing I see is water pump.. Is in inside pump housing?  Cant find any exploded diagrams that show it.. how to I remove it? any help would be appreciated
    • By Travis
      Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts
      Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!

• By Grant Andrew Fralick
      all im needing is to figure out where i go to find parts for this 4 wheeler? 
      i blew an axle and i cant find parts any where! very frustrating, all though i picked the bike up for $200 now i see why, is there part number or cross reference number. the thing and drives like a dream NO issues at all. i just really wish i could find a parts depot, hope you guys can help!!!! 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Breaux
      Got a 2017 Massimo MSU500 UTV with thermostat malfunction.. hot light comes on in 4-5 minutes but radiator is ice cold... where exactly is it?  The hose neck on the head has nothing in it.  I was told it was down by oil drain plug.. only thing I see is water pump.. Is in inside pump housing?  Cant find any exploded diagrams that show it.. how to I remove it? any help would be appreciated
    • By borahawk
      Thoughts on the Hisun 500 Sector? Can't afford a name brand and I have heard some good things about the Hisun. Thoughts?
    • By buck987si
      I'm out of town and away from our 2017 Coleman/Hisun UTV 500 Side x Side, my Son needs to replace a broken cotter pin on the front left axle and tighten everything back up.
      We were able to find the cotter pin size 2.5mm x 30mm or equivalent 1/8" x 2" and I picked up a few.
      I just can not find the size socket it will need and the torque setting for the axle nut.
      Thanks for your time!
      Greg