Quantcast
Jump to content

Airsense00

Looking to buy my first UTV

Recommended Posts

Hi y'all,

I'm looking for recommendations on my first UTV. What I am looking for: Light duty around the house, snowplowing, taking 2 adults and 2 young kids for a ride to the bus stop or down the street. I would consider a 2 seater if I could add a rear facing seat in the back. Trail riding would be very occasional. My wife wants something quiet so the neighbors don't get annoyed. Not sure about electric since battery replacement scares me. Also looking to spend around 10k new or used. So far I've researched the Mule, Ranger, Tracker off road, American Landmaster, Pioneer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi, I'm looking also for the same reasons. I'm liking the Pioneer, Ranger or Landmaster the most right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several places online that sell rear seats that bolt onto the bed for the ranger, Most Mules are 2 seater (seat 2 comfortably) unless you get one of The newer Teryx or Pro FX  which cost some $$$, 

There are snowplow attachments for virtually every UTV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auctions are a good source for used and many have very low mileage on them.  Why pay dealer prices?  I had bought a new Polaris Ranger and 3 months later a 3 year old 1000cc Polaris with under 200 miles sold for less than my 500 ranger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Willy M said:

Auctions are a good source for used and many have very low mileage on them.  Why pay dealer prices?  I had bought a new Polaris Ranger and 3 months later a 3 year old 1000cc Polaris with under 200 miles sold for less than my 500 ranger.

Is there a website to see where the auctions are? I'm in Michigan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, kodaclr said:

Hi, I'm looking also for the same reasons. I'm liking the Pioneer, Ranger or Landmaster the most right now.

 

I like them all and those too. I like the Landmaster Cruiser but not liking no efi and I've heard the suspension/travel is not as good as others. Also I don't know much about the reliability. The mule I like the price and warranty but it is slow. The Pioneer is a Honda which is nice but pricey. The Ranger is at the top of my list right now. Maybe adding a bolt on seat to the rear like Travis mentioned. The glacier plow system is 2 grand! I'd have to shop around for an aftermarket plow system that is crazy expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Airsense00 said:

Is there a website to see where the auctions are? I'm in Michigan. 

You would have to google local auctions and keep looking until something  comes up at auction. You can enter search terms and online auction sites email you when a 4 wheeler or anything you are looking for comes up in local auctions or auctions in a wider search area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Airsense00 said:

I like them all and those too. I like the Landmaster Cruiser but not liking no efi and I've heard the suspension/travel is not as good as others. Also I don't know much about the reliability. The mule I like the price and warranty but it is slow. The Pioneer is a Honda which is nice but pricey. The Ranger is at the top of my list right now. Maybe adding a bolt on seat to the rear like Travis mentioned. The glacier plow system is 2 grand! I'd have to shop around for an aftermarket plow system that is crazy expensive. 

Always test drive 4 wheelers on uneven ground, not pavement. You will know the ride quality only when taken off road on bumpy ground, Polaris to my knowledge has very smooth ride with good suspension.  The first 4 wheeler I bought I only drove it on the paved lot, what a mistake, the worst off road ride and you could not drive faster than walking or you'd hit your head on the roof the suspension was so stiff. The thing beat you up when you drove it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • By Mikey
      Does anybody know where to get one of these bulbs? 
      It is the one that lights up when the park brake is applied. Same as the one that lights up when the engine is over temperature.
      I have checked several places locally without success.
      Thanks, Mike

    • By johnpeter
      2016 Polaris RZR Turbo 4 Seater On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Polaris-RZR-Turbo-4-Seater/264411372615?

    • By CStrike250
      Anyone have any  opinions or good places to look? 
      Stock tires are ripping up grandpa's yard. Kids only use this on flat grass as a small golf cart to get back and forth. Thinking I could find some golf cart tires or something for it.
    • By johnpeter
      Polaris Rzr 570 LE - STREET LEGAL On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Rzr-570-LE-STREET-LEGAL/264302203927?

    • By Travis
      Put some new headlights on my Mule!! L.E.D  lights,  i did my homework before buying them, they draw the exact same amount of power as the OEM, but are way brighter. i can see alot better now!
       Pictures soon.
       So if anyone is interested in some used but still working Kawasaki MULE 550  headlights, $15 each and they're yours!! or i'll keep them for the tractor or something...


×
×
  • Create New...