Quantcast

Airsense00

Looking to buy my first UTV

Hi y'all,

I'm looking for recommendations on my first UTV. What I am looking for: Light duty around the house, snowplowing, taking 2 adults and 2 young kids for a ride to the bus stop or down the street. I would consider a 2 seater if I could add a rear facing seat in the back. Trail riding would be very occasional. My wife wants something quiet so the neighbors don't get annoyed. Not sure about electric since battery replacement scares me. Also looking to spend around 10k new or used. So far I've researched the Mule, Ranger, Tracker off road, American Landmaster, Pioneer. 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm looking also for the same reasons. I'm liking the Pioneer, Ranger or Landmaster the most right now.

There are several places online that sell rear seats that bolt onto the bed for the ranger, Most Mules are 2 seater (seat 2 comfortably) unless you get one of The newer Teryx or Pro FX  which cost some $$$, 

There are snowplow attachments for virtually every UTV.

• Like 1

Auctions are a good source for used and many have very low mileage on them.  Why pay dealer prices?  I had bought a new Polaris Ranger and 3 months later a 3 year old 1000cc Polaris with under 200 miles sold for less than my 500 ranger.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Willy M said:

Auctions are a good source for used and many have very low mileage on them.  Why pay dealer prices?  I had bought a new Polaris Ranger and 3 months later a 3 year old 1000cc Polaris with under 200 miles sold for less than my 500 ranger.

Is there a website to see where the auctions are? I'm in Michigan. 

11 hours ago, kodaclr said:

Hi, I'm looking also for the same reasons. I'm liking the Pioneer, Ranger or Landmaster the most right now.

I like them all and those too. I like the Landmaster Cruiser but not liking no efi and I've heard the suspension/travel is not as good as others. Also I don't know much about the reliability. The mule I like the price and warranty but it is slow. The Pioneer is a Honda which is nice but pricey. The Ranger is at the top of my list right now. Maybe adding a bolt on seat to the rear like Travis mentioned. The glacier plow system is 2 grand! I'd have to shop around for an aftermarket plow system that is crazy expensive. 

1 hour ago, Airsense00 said:

Is there a website to see where the auctions are? I'm in Michigan. 

You would have to google local auctions and keep looking until something  comes up at auction. You can enter search terms and online auction sites email you when a 4 wheeler or anything you are looking for comes up in local auctions or auctions in a wider search area.

1 hour ago, Airsense00 said:

I like them all and those too. I like the Landmaster Cruiser but not liking no efi and I've heard the suspension/travel is not as good as others. Also I don't know much about the reliability. The mule I like the price and warranty but it is slow. The Pioneer is a Honda which is nice but pricey. The Ranger is at the top of my list right now. Maybe adding a bolt on seat to the rear like Travis mentioned. The glacier plow system is 2 grand! I'd have to shop around for an aftermarket plow system that is crazy expensive. 

Always test drive 4 wheelers on uneven ground, not pavement. You will know the ride quality only when taken off road on bumpy ground, Polaris to my knowledge has very smooth ride with good suspension.  The first 4 wheeler I bought I only drove it on the paved lot, what a mistake, the worst off road ride and you could not drive faster than walking or you'd hit your head on the roof the suspension was so stiff. The thing beat you up when you drove it.

• Like 1