Quantcast

Sandy Gunn

Help needed

I am a very frustrated 78 year old Canadian stroke survivor, and new owner of a Buck 400. It was purchased at TSC to help my wife, who is an amputee, and myself get around our rural 68 acres. 

I took delivery today, 30/9/2019, of a 2020 Buck 400 (blue). It was driven onto an open trailer and traveled on the trailer through rain for about 45 minutes. When we tried to back it off the trailer the horn sounded as long as the ignition key was turned on.  Five hours of dry weather later, the horn still blares whenever the key is on. Despite reading the quite poor manual in case it was an anti theft system,  nothing I can find will  shut off the horn!!!  Neighbours will hate me soon, if not already.

I can't remove the hood, locate the fuses, or the horn, as no placement photos or diagrams are included with the crappy owner's manual.  Is the problem a shorted out horn, or something else? Anyone have digital diagrams or a proper digital manual they might share? Any help or suggestions will be most appreciated.  Please email or call Wm D Sandy Gunn, 1342 Webster Road, Norwood, Ontario, Canada K0L 2V0 

[email protected]               Cell: (705) 927-5589 

It will be best to call Tractor supply or Massimo and have them fix it. Since this problem is more than likely a factory fault .

My first guess is the horn button is stuck.  The ignition switch supplies 12vdc to the horn button.  The horn button sends that 12vdc to the horn.  The horn is not likely defective and I doubt the ignition switch is defective on such a new machine.  It's impossible for a fuse to cause your horn issue.  That's how they should be wired.  Check to see if the horn button moves about 1/4" when you press it.  If it doesn't, the button is jammed.  I presume the problem wasn't there when you picked up the machine.  However, in all my researching, I could not find an instrument panel that shows a horn button nor a wiring diagram.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Pedro Quinones
      I purchased a Red Massimo Buck 400EFI recently from Massimo Motor.  It was very simple to purchase on line, it was quick and painless.  After placing my order, I got a call from the Massimo Motor Customer Service Department (Eddie).  He wanted to confirm my order and he let me know that they were building my UTV and gave me an estimated date of completing and delivery.  Upon completion of the unit, Eddie reached out to me to let me know that it would be shipping and that I should expect it within 7 business days of his call.  I actually received it 3 business days after his call.  The truck driver was very polite and helpful.  We got the UTV off the truck and away I went.  We have a small tree farm and we needed something that we could use to maintain our little farm with ease.  The Buck 400EFI performs as expected.  It runs really well; it looks good and the most important thing about it is that my wife loves it.

A few days after receiving my UTV, Eddie from Massimo Customer Service called to make sure that we had received the UTV with no problems and to see if everything was OK with the unit.  He told me that if anything were to come up with the unit, to not hesitate to contact him and he would help us resolve any issue that may arise.

I am very happy that I purchased this UTV from Massimo Motor and IF I had to do this again, I WOULD in a heartbeat.  Eddie at customer service is outstanding and because of him, I would recommend anyone who is interested in purchasing one of these UTV’s, to ask for him.  He will take good care of you.

Sincerely
      P.Q.
      Very Happy Customer
    • By ArrowLobber
      I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 that was ran way too hard. Trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.
      Arrow Lobber
    • By Stratogeezer
      Hi, I just purchased a Massimo MU500 that we are going to use in the North Georgia mountains.

After the first couple of test drives it seems a) somewhat underpowered and loud as hell.

So wondering if I switched out the mud tires with something with smaller tread if that would maybe help?

Also I found a muffler replacement called the “silent rider atv silencer” and wonder if that would help with the noise without killing power.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Alex
      TWO SEATS OR FOUR, THERE’S A TALON THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU.
      If life is better side-by-side, how do you make it better than ever? For 2020, we’ve doubled down on our Talon line with two more exciting new models—the Honda Talon 1000X-4 and Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve. For starters, they add a second pair of seats, so now you can double your off-road fun and share it with even more lucky passengers. And if you want a two-seater, don’t worry—our revolutionary Talon 1000R and Talon 1000X announced last year are ready to roost.

https://powersports.honda.com/talon
    • By Alex
      Check out the new 2020 Can-Am Defender 6x6 Intro Video below!