Quantcast

CPSC, Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. announce recall of Kawasaki Teryx® and Teryx4™ recreational off-highway vehicles.

The following product safety recall is being conducted voluntarily by Kawasaki in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed. For more information about recalls, visit CPSC’s website at http://www.cpsc.gov.

Name of Product: Teryx and Teryx4 recreational off-highway vehicles.

Units: Approximately 2,625.

Distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., Foothill Ranch, CA

Hazard: The left side upper knuckle joint nut could have been improperly tightened, potentially affecting steering control.

Incidents/Injuries: There have been no incidents or injuries related to this recall.

Description: The recall involves 2019 and 2020 model year Teryx4 750 4x4 (four seats) and Teryx 800 4x4 (two seats) recreational off-highway vehicles.

Manufactured in: United States

Sold at: Kawasaki dealers nationwide from May 2019 through July 2019. Prices for these off-highway vehicles range from about $13,000 to about $17,000.

Remedy: The repair consists of tightening the upper left front knuckle nut and installing a new cotter pin.

Consumer Contact: Kawasaki toll-free at 866-802-9381 from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT Monday through Friday.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dalem
      Earlier this year my battery was weak and I had to boost my mule to start it then I decided to remove the battery to check the fluid level which was very low, I set the levels and recharged the battery a few months later it did the same thing, so I had to boost it again then checked the voltage running was getting around 16 vdc ( which is too high) and fluid level was very low again and wouldn't hold a charge. Note: The battery was maybe 1-1/2 years old. Then I replaced the battery and checked the voltage running nothing changed I was only reading battery voltage it wouldn't increase with increased engine speed. I changed the voltage regulator with an aftermarket  one, same thing not charging. I checked the alternator per the service manual which states .3 ohms or less it checks at .2 ohms and not shorted to ground. With the engine running I disconnected the alternator and it had around 22 vac idling and around 60 vac revving the engine, so I figured the regulator was bad so I replaced it with another new one (aftermarket) from a different company, again not charging only reading  battery voltage. I did put the original voltage regulator on nothing changed still not charging. Using the manual wiring diagram did continuity checks going to the voltage regulator everything checks out OK. Now what am I missing?
    • By Texjpr
      2002 ranger 500 4x4 stopped running and wouldn't restart. Service manual wiring diagram helped identify the hub safety switch as the culprit. Using jumper wires to bypass  switch allowed the engine to start and run normally. Inspection of switch showed melted epoxy and a strong smell of burnt electrical. Unable to find replacement part either used or new. Is there a work around other than jumper wiring?
    • By ChrisL
      I recently obtained a 1999 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4. While working on, I noticed the rear hub brake grease/dust seals were not there. I ordered and received but have no idea of the installation orientation. Has anyone tackled this or have a sketch/ picture that could help?
    • By Scott Meszaros
      good morning, new to this site...got a question......i have a 2015 kaw mule with the soft top enclosure........doors with zipper windows, plastic windshield.........i want to tow the thing on a trailer up to our cabin, about 340 miles of mostly interstate driving......the instructions for the top say "remove for towing or use enclosed trailer"..........removing would be a pain, and i don't have an enclosed trailer..............anyone have another solution?.........how much will it screw it up if i tow as is?.....should i put a plastic tarp over the thing and secure the tarp to the trailer?......any suggestions would be helpful.....thank you in advance
    • By Travis
      Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts
      Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!