Quantcast

ChrisL

1999 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4

I recently obtained a 1999 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4. While working on, I noticed the rear hub brake grease/dust seals were not there. I ordered and received but have no idea of the installation orientation. Has anyone tackled this or have a sketch/ picture that could help?

I guess I'm not sure which part you are talking  about.

do you mean the ones that cover the axle nut?

Do you have the part number so I can look them up?

It looks like It just fits around the brake panel, and then the drum fits over it. I wonder why it has that seal around it? Mine (Even though it's a 550) doesn't have them.

Manuals are a must have for working on equipment, and will likely have every answer to your questions https://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-MULE-2510-UTILITY-VEHICLE-ATV-SERVICE-MANUAL-DIESEL-ENGINE/264515499459?hash=item3d965a35c3:g:7XcAAOSwJwFduPo8&redirect=mobile

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kevin Slack
      I bought the sector hisun 550 for feeding deer, haven't had it a year yet and yesterday driving it I heard a bad noise. Took it back where I bought it and they said it sounds like the rear differential went out of it. Has anyone had any problem like this with there new hisun. I do have about 160 hours on it and 2600 miles. All easy driving miles.
    • By dalem
      Earlier this year my battery was weak and I had to boost my mule to start it then I decided to remove the battery to check the fluid level which was very low, I set the levels and recharged the battery a few months later it did the same thing, so I had to boost it again then checked the voltage running was getting around 16 vdc ( which is too high) and fluid level was very low again and wouldn't hold a charge. Note: The battery was maybe 1-1/2 years old. Then I replaced the battery and checked the voltage running nothing changed I was only reading battery voltage it wouldn't increase with increased engine speed. I changed the voltage regulator with an aftermarket  one, same thing not charging. I checked the alternator per the service manual which states .3 ohms or less it checks at .2 ohms and not shorted to ground. With the engine running I disconnected the alternator and it had around 22 vac idling and around 60 vac revving the engine, so I figured the regulator was bad so I replaced it with another new one (aftermarket) from a different company, again not charging only reading  battery voltage. I did put the original voltage regulator on nothing changed still not charging. Using the manual wiring diagram did continuity checks going to the voltage regulator everything checks out OK. Now what am I missing?
    • By Carolynski
      I have a Q-Link (Rhino clone) and the fuel injector won't open up and spray. The fuel pump is brand-new and kicks on and primes to the injector but nothing comes out.
      I've cleaned and dielectric greased the electrical plug and the ECU plugs but no change. not sure where to go from here. Any help?

• By Mikey
      I would like to install a water to air cab heater in my 2500 but cannot see how to tap into the cooling system so the heater will have flow from the engine water pump except when the thermostat is open. Does anybody know if the factory heater has some kind of thermostat adapter that lets hot water circulate through the engine and the cab heater core before the thermostat opens?  Unless I can solve this water flow problem it seem pointless to install a cab heater if it will just have intermittent water flow when the thermostat is open.
      I did buy a $66 Mr. Heater MH4GC Golf Cart Propane Heater on Amazon but it is really hard to find a place to install it that will be convenient when two or especially three people are in the seat. Decided it was too much a fire hazard because it would be too close to the riders and if there was a gasoline leak it would likely ignite the fumes.  Also it didn't really put out much heat. So I returned it.
      The only other idea I had was doing something with an exhaust heat air to air system like the Volkswagon Bugs were in the 60's but this has many challenges too.
      If I could just figure out a suitable water flow path I would be good to go. I do know where there is a Mule 2500 with a factory heater but I won't be back that way to see it 650 miles away until next summer. If anybody has one and could post some photos of the heater water connections to the engine, that would be wonderful.
      Many thanks, Mike
    • By Scott Meszaros
      good morning, new to this site...got a question......i have a 2015 kaw mule with the soft top enclosure........doors with zipper windows, plastic windshield.........i want to tow the thing on a trailer up to our cabin, about 340 miles of mostly interstate driving......the instructions for the top say "remove for towing or use enclosed trailer"..........removing would be a pain, and i don't have an enclosed trailer..............anyone have another solution?.........how much will it screw it up if i tow as is?.....should i put a plastic tarp over the thing and secure the tarp to the trailer?......any suggestions would be helpful.....thank you in advance
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Scott Meszaros
      good morning, new to this site...got a question......i have a 2015 kaw mule with the soft top enclosure........doors with zipper windows, plastic windshield.........i want to tow the thing on a trailer up to our cabin, about 340 miles of mostly interstate driving......the instructions for the top say "remove for towing or use enclosed trailer"..........removing would be a pain, and i don't have an enclosed trailer..............anyone have another solution?.........how much will it screw it up if i tow as is?.....should i put a plastic tarp over the thing and secure the tarp to the trailer?......any suggestions would be helpful.....thank you in advance
    • By huntlythe3rd
      A pretty basic build but this enclosure I bought is amazing. Have to show it off makes it look so speak. For real my life has changed since getting this enclosure!

• By Roy Holton
      Hi, I'm new at this so please bear with me. I have a 1993 Kawasaki 500 mule KAF300B and am in need of the molded plastic cover for the shift lever, part # 14024 - 1985. Anyone know where I might find this
      part (New or Used), so far I've had zero luck. Thanks Roy 
    • By Travis
      The cables are sort of seized up on the emergency brake, they still work but i have to wiggle and pull on em to get them to release, i pulled the drum off but cant see a way to remove the cable. It is kind of dirty inside the drum where it was leaking so i need to run to the parts store and buy some parts cleaner so i can see everything better.
       The shop manual i have  does not cover parking brake cable removal, well.... it does kind of. it says "Remove parking brake cable at both ends" 🙄
       We'll see
       EDIT: ARRR! Looks like my rear axle seal is leaking, there is a small puddle on a machined step below the seal and it smells like Trans oil. felt around the wheel cylinder and it isn't coming from their.....  I guess my weekend is planned for me LOL
    • By CLB
      2003 Mule 3000 idles fine and runs fine once in motion, but sputters and tries to die at takeoff. It will idle fine when put in gear, but as soon as I press on the accelerator it will die if I don’t choke it. The choke doesn’t seem to be reacting as quickly as before either- it takes a few seconds at full choke for the rpms to increase. Once in motion, it runs fine again. I just rebuilt the carb, new air and fuel filters, and battery. Any suggestions?