Quantcast

MudAndSand

2007 650 Joyner Sand Spider timing chain removal

I've blown a head gasket and am in the process of removing head. Does anyone know if the timing chain can be removed with out taking the sprocket cover off? I've found a light colored link but don't see if it can be tapped apart there or not. Reluctant to do any more tear down than I need to. Thanks.

Edited by MudAndSand
more detail

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Carolynski
      I have a Q-Link (Rhino clone) and the fuel injector won't open up and spray. The fuel pump is brand-new and kicks on and primes to the injector but nothing comes out.
      I've cleaned and dielectric greased the electrical plug and the ECU plugs but no change. not sure where to go from here. Any help?

• By Keith
      Hooked up a new light bar for when I push snow. I think the video will speak for itself 
      IMG_1311.MOV
    • By Mikey
      Does anybody know where to get one of these bulbs? 
      It is the one that lights up when the park brake is applied. Same as the one that lights up when the engine is over temperature.
      I have checked several places locally without success.
      Thanks, Mike

• By OlEd
      Head gasket replacement, what’s a top quality head gasket to use? Should a person stud the head? Where would I find a place that sells both? Thank you for any info. 
    • By Roy Holton
      Hi, I'm new at this so please bear with me. I have a 1993 Kawasaki 500 mule KAF300B and am in need of the molded plastic cover for the shift lever, part # 14024 - 1985. Anyone know where I might find this
      part (New or Used), so far I've had zero luck. Thanks Roy 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Nokie
      The rear gear box has a big hole in it were the drive line enters. The engine runs well and it has chrome wheels .
      what on earth should I do with it ?
      Any ideas would be appreciated !
    • By silverbullet
      Hello Joyner Owners
      THEY ARE HERE!!!
      1100cc, 800cc and 650cc New Cam Shafts. There was a demand to bring them back so we did. They are set up with a slight change in duration, and have more timing in them to bump up that low end torque we all need and are hardcoated to reduce the wear on the cam. These really are the next step or a good start in the build of your engine. For the 800 and 1100 guys, snorkel, fuel controller, cams, pistons...boost.. For the 650 guys, snorkel, cams, pistons, custom carb setup...boost. We have N/A and Forced Induction profiles available. We are currently planning a build on our shop renegade to build an 1100 with the snorkel, new throttle body, super charger, ported and lightly polished heads, oversized pistons, we are looking for oversized valves and better valve springs. Looking to build a beast that is reliable. All of this has been in the works for months, that way we can pass it all on to you. If you have any questions or comments feel free to drop us a line or shoot us over an email.