Quantcast

Carolynski

Q-Link Fuel injector not working

I have a Q-Link (Rhino clone) and the fuel injector won't open up and spray. The fuel pump is brand-new and kicks on and primes to the injector but nothing comes out.

I've cleaned and dielectric greased the electrical plug and the ECU plugs but no change. not sure where to go from here. Any help?

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

I'm curious, how did you check the injector to verify it wasn't flowing? 

First thing I would do it stick an ohmmeter on it and look at the resistance across the injector.  I would imagine somewhere between 5-50 ohms.  Then I'd check voltage coming to it during start up to see the "pulses".  If I've got voltage, but no squirt-squirt, bad injector.  If the injector is pulsing but not squirting, its clogged.  Either way, new injector.  

• Like 2

Also, you don't want dielectric grease on the metal contacts themselves.  You want it around the seal of the plug, not on the contacts.  The grease itself is an insulator.  

• Like 2

Thanks y’all! I took the throttle off and felt inside the boot and it wasnt wet. I then removed the injector from the boot and turn the key on and nothing sprayed. 
idk how to test for voltage. I assume ground one lead and test one on the prongs for power?

• Like 1

I couldnt get a good read on the electrical plug because my leads are too big to touch the contacts but today I put 12 volts directly from the battery to the injector and it clicked but still didn’t spray.  So there may still be a problem but regardless I guess I need a new injector anyway. :( 

Woah now, of you put 12v on it and heard/felt a click, it might not be the injector.  Was the fuel line pressurized? I'd suspect a fuel pump before I suspected an injector.  

I couldnt get a good read on the electrical plug because my leads are too big to touch the contacts but today I put 12 volts directly from the battery to the injector and it clicked but still didn’t spray.  So there may still be a problem but regardless I guess I need a new injector anyway. :( 

It did click and was pressurized but nothing came out. The fuel pump is new. 
I bought this for $500. It’s been sitting for like 6 years and so many many dummy’s have messed with it that things were out of sorts. I believe I’ve got ever in order again. It only has 23 miles on it. 
I ordered a new injector. Should be here in a couple days. 

Ok, well let us know how it works out.  Keeping troubleshooting and results active in the forums really helps out other people whether or not they post on here.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.