Quantcast

Bluegill

2013 Massimo MSU 500 no spark

Hi. I replaced my coil and the ecu on my 2013 Massimo msu 500 and still have no spark. It has been a great machine so far but now I  am at a total loss. 

There should be a black kill wire that hooks to the coil, that grounds it when you turn the key off. 

How did you confirm there is no spark? Did you hook up a spark test light?

Well that's not a real great way to diagnose a spark.  There is an inexpensive tester that plugs inline and has a light.  You should use one of those instead.  That way the plug stays in the engine and has a chance to operate in normal conditions with respect to electrical ground and compression.  

Also, you can troubleshoot the coil with a simple multimeter.  It will be right upstream of the spark plug.  Read the primary side and the secondary side (spark plug side is the secondary).  You will have a resistance value on each side.  If either side reads open or infinite, the problem is a burned out coil.  

Thirdly, you can read the spark plug wire with the same multimeter.  You're basically going to troubleshoot the system from the spark plug back up the system in order, once you verify for certain you have no spark.  

Nate sir. I  relaced the coil with a new one so I  know it not that. I have checked for spark that way for many years. It may not be the best but it does work. I also replaced the ecu with a new one so i know the problem lies elsewhere.  Just trying to figure hete to start next.

Well then it could be the plug wire, fuse, wire issue, or crank/cam position sensor issue.  If you're not getting a position signal from the sensor, you won't get a spark

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By farmerjohnky
      Hey. I recently got a used Polaris Ranger 570, and I’ve noticed if I let off the gas going down a hill, after about 5-10 seconds, it kicks out of gear or free wheels. Is this normal? It’s kind of annoying imo, since you have to hold your brake so much more. Also, is it bad to leave it in 2wd Diff Lock? I have turf mode, but like to keep it in diff lock because I climb some pretty steep hills frequently. Is it bad to engage/disengage diff lock/4wd while moving or in a pull? Thanks
    • By Carolynski
      I have a Q-Link (Rhino clone) and the fuel injector won't open up and spray. The fuel pump is brand-new and kicks on and primes to the injector but nothing comes out.
      I've cleaned and dielectric greased the electrical plug and the ECU plugs but no change. not sure where to go from here. Any help?

• By ArrowLobber
      I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 atv that was ran way too hard. I know this is a SXS forum but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns and there is very little out there about the ATV's. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.

2014 Coleman "Hisun" Trail Tamer 800
    • By Chris B
      Hi,
      Don't know much about anything utv but I figured out my fuel pump wiring harness needed to be replaced. Installation looks pretty straightforward, plug into fuel pump and plug in the two pigtails. Question is: one of the Pigtails on the old harness I am replacing had a splice in the black wire and attached to a bolt on the engine. Is this necessary?  Is the black wire, I'm assuming it's the ground, grounded at the other end of the pigtail?
    • By Scott Meszaros
      good morning, new to this site...got a question......i have a 2015 kaw mule with the soft top enclosure........doors with zipper windows, plastic windshield.........i want to tow the thing on a trailer up to our cabin, about 340 miles of mostly interstate driving......the instructions for the top say "remove for towing or use enclosed trailer"..........removing would be a pain, and i don't have an enclosed trailer..............anyone have another solution?.........how much will it screw it up if i tow as is?.....should i put a plastic tarp over the thing and secure the tarp to the trailer?......any suggestions would be helpful.....thank you in advance
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Joshua Matiyasic
      I have a 2018 Massimo MSU 500. I have looked everywhere for performance parts and all I have been able to find is the dyno bost module and a K&N air filter. does anyone know of any other parts out there or interchangeable parts from other makes or models?
    • By jamesruesch
      Who else owns a Massimo Msu 500? Bought a 500 from TSC 15 days ago and the machine ran great but it had an EFI problem.