Quantcast

Cade

Knight 500 no electrical power at all

I have a knight 500 with absolutely no electrical power. battery is good. changed fuse block and main power relay.  Dont know what else to do???  

I would check tightness of battery cables, and any ground wires.

And clean them if corroded

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Free2bdaring
      I have bought a 2018 Joyner R2. So far I love it. I was not impressed with the dealer I bought from and am wanting to buy some accessories. Can anyone recommend a good dealer or supplier?
    • By Glock_King
      AC blows cold for while ... meter shows 2amps then all of a sudden spikes and blows fuse ... and not necessarily when AC clutch engages .... 2012 model with only 126 hours ....  any ideas ?
    • By David Dewayne Reel Sr.
      Hi, I was hoping to find an "in-color" diagram, at least, of the wiring from the speedometer and where all the wires are connected.
      The entire wiring of the entire side-by-side would be wonderful!!!
      I purchased a used 2008 Joyner Commando 650 2 seater from an individual and they butchered the wiring...something has come lose and I cannot for the life of me tell where it is supposed to connect. It is a ground wire and is till connected to the frame but I don't know where else it is suppose to connect.
      What makes me think it goes to the speedometer is that when it came lose, the speedometer immediately stopped working.
      If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it tremendously. There is nothing on Joyner's website...and I already looked on YouTube to no avail...might be something there but I could not find it...
    • By Mike McDonald
      The Intimidator is made in Arkansas and the company was affiliated with the Bad Boy products at one time. The engine is a Kohler 750. I replaced the flywheel and stator a year ago, so I feel like they are okay. The battery was replaced and all the cables are good, no corrosion. 

The wiring diagram shows a rectifier/regulator and an inline fuse that the manual said could be my charging problem.  My  questions are:
      1. Are these rectifier/regulators some generic or, are they specific to each machine?
      2. Are there UTV parts companies that handle parts for all brands of buggies?

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, could  someone recommend the names of parts companies I could contact?
    • By dalem
      Earlier this year my battery was weak and I had to boost my mule to start it then I decided to remove the battery to check the fluid level which was very low, I set the levels and recharged the battery a few months later it did the same thing, so I had to boost it again then checked the voltage running was getting around 16 vdc ( which is too high) and fluid level was very low again and wouldn't hold a charge. Note: The battery was maybe 1-1/2 years old. Then I replaced the battery and checked the voltage running nothing changed I was only reading battery voltage it wouldn't increase with increased engine speed. I changed the voltage regulator with an aftermarket  one, same thing not charging. I checked the alternator per the service manual which states .3 ohms or less it checks at .2 ohms and not shorted to ground. With the engine running I disconnected the alternator and it had around 22 vac idling and around 60 vac revving the engine, so I figured the regulator was bad so I replaced it with another new one (aftermarket) from a different company, again not charging only reading  battery voltage. I did put the original voltage regulator on nothing changed still not charging. Using the manual wiring diagram did continuity checks going to the voltage regulator everything checks out OK. Now what am I missing?