Quantcast

Kevin Slack

Hisun Sector 550 Rear differential

I bought the sector hisun 550 for feeding deer, haven't had it a year yet and yesterday driving it I heard a bad noise. Took it back where I bought it and they said it sounds like the rear differential went out of it. Has anyone had any problem like this with there new hisun. I do have about 160 hours on it and 2600 miles. All easy driving miles.

After seeing all the bad post about the hisun, I think I might need to call my lawyer. Here in Ohio we have a lemon law on utv's where you can get your money back. 

I have a 2017 Hisun Vector 500 that had the yoke assembly from the rear differential to the drive shaft go out with about 175 hours.  cost me about 240$ parts and labor.   I also had a fuel injector go out on it with about 130 hours on it. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed away from these Chinese made buggies and paid the extra for a Kabota Diesel.  

I got it at royal king right now, that's where I bought it. They got to call hisun then hisun will have to send part to them. I don't drive it hard at all, hard to believe the boss would go out that easy. But I did drive it every day to feed deer. Had it sence March and put 160 hours on it and 2600 miles. It's still under warranty I just hope I can get around 5000 hours out of it. Sounds like I will be working on it in the future. I'm on a fixed income and it's all I could afford and will take 7 years to pay for it. 

Went in today while hisun was being worked on. The drive shaft sleeve A was striped out along with the rear drive shaft connecting seat. Here's pictures.

IMG_20191126_141705035.jpg

IMG_20191126_141622658.jpg

• Like 1

Hey no one is forcing him to work there, let him do what he wants.  We had a coupling like that gear at work strip out and looked exactly like your rear end there.  Except it was 60 years old with daily, 24hr usage.  

I take a easy with my utv, use it to just feed deer but do use it every day on gravel road and dirt road going back and forth  to my property. Just wondering if something is out of line or something to chew the gears up in 160 hours on utv. Guess I will see how long the new ones last. Didn't know anything about utv's when I bought it. The man at royal king said they have sold alot of them and no one has had any problems with them so I took the man at his word. I'll see how it goes maybe I just got one with soft metal.

That kind of damage is the result of misalignment and/or corrosion issues from poor QC and defective parts.  If the alignment was off, from a bad bearing or improper assembly the gear would "waller" in there enough to wear down the teeth.  You would have to put a small block Chevy in your SxS and do burnouts every day for a year to grind those teeth the way they are if everything else was correct.  

Great I hope it was just defective parts. There's no alignment on it, the differential fits in a welded framed box that long bolts go threw differential to hold it in place, the motor sets on motor mounts so there's no adjustment on it. Rear drive shaft is only about 10 inches long. So if it's misaligned it was made that way. I will have to ask hisun what caused it. And see what they say.

Knowing how unscrupulous warranty people are, they'll probably say you overloaded the payload capacity which caused deflection in the axle.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.