Quantcast

J.CARLSON

Kubota RTV1100C Tire Selection Caution with GBC

I am posting my challenges with replacement tires so others do not go down the same path .

I was looking for some DOT rated 10  ply tires for a Kubota RTV 1100 getting a Boss V-plow installed on it to get a weight rating of UTV + Plow + payload.

I thought the GBC Motorsports Kanati Mongrel Radial Tire (25x10R-12)  was just what was needed.

Ordered them in - got them mounted professionally - attempted a balance, received a call from the service center requesting a visit to see for myself why they stopped the install.

Picked up the machine  and its unsafe to operate.

The amount of lift and drop is extreme.

We lifted the machine and rotated each tire while mounted and got readings of 75% of tread fairly consistent and round 25% drops in almost 1/2" to more than 1/2".

We attempted to use the tire index yellow dots in line with valve stem and opposite valve stem - no significant improvement. GBC will not or cannot give indexing information.

Working thru the return process now but not holding my breath - Dealer and Manufacture both state since they are mounted they cannot be returned. I dont know how without mounting i would find the defects.

So from my perspective stay away from teh GBC Mongrels on the Kubota RTV's 

If you do buy them don't expect them to stand behind their product. You can expect the hassle of mounting, un-mounting, re-mounting, attempting a balance for a tire that turns at slow speeds. Expect they will want video's of all 4 corners, and than expect that it will take you two weeks to even get noticed.....

Don't expect your dealer can do much more for you as GBC controls the process so I have been told.

So spend a little more money and buy a brand you have heard of.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Glock_King
      AC blows cold for while ... meter shows 2amps then all of a sudden spikes and blows fuse ... and not necessarily when AC clutch engages .... 2012 model with only 126 hours ....  any ideas ?
    • By zuggy7
      i want to change the belt on my hisun hs800  .  i know the number for it is 25300-f68-0000...………..but i would like to get a dayco or gates belt for it  but i cant seem to cross reference those number for it...……………...has anybody else been able to cross refgerence ther belt?
    • By bfisherman11
      I bought the 66" KFI plow kit for my 2015 Ranger EXP and I could not be happier. My driveway is gravel and once I got the skid plates adjusted it works great. As good as my experience sounds, one thing might make me even happier, ha. I would like to add the power turn option but at over $800 I think what the heck, I can do that way cheaper.

I looked at a few designs, some guys have used a winch and cable arrangement, others tried a Linear Actuator. I found a guy that did this but he used too light an actuator (300#?) and it busted. I found one on Ebay that pushes 1,320#. For the money I think it will be worth trying. I won't do it this winter but after the season I might design something. First change I would make is the included brackets look way too thin. Other than that though, this looks workable. So, has any other DIY guy like me ever tried this? My online research found a few ideas but very little info on how they held up over time. Thanks! Bill

• By Teresa Hart
      I would l!ke to put side marker lights on my rtv 400ci.   I have amber and red.   Amber goes on front sides and red goes on back sides.   Is this correct?  Or can amber go on rear sides as well? 
    • By James4u2
      Display screen is not working checked fuses unless I missed one...fuel n temp display area not working any easy fixes or any fix 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By olamerke
      Other than my UTV, I also own a 2008 Honda TRX 700XX. I am planning to buy it a new set of tires and rims.  Can anyone here suggest an affordable yet durable atv tire and wheel package that I can check out?
    • By steveb5004
      Hi there! I'm a total newbie to the market and am not even sure if I'm posting this in the right forum area. I'm looking for a side-by-side machine that can handle lots of light farm/homestead work. I've focused on the Kubota 400ci and the John Deere Gator TS. Both are right in my price range (less than $10K). I'm leaning toward the Kubota because:
      -Kubota has zero percent financing, compared to JD's current rate of 4.5 percent
      -It's 4x4, whereas that's an expensive upgrade for the Gator.
      Things that are important to me:
      -Dump bed. This is a necessity, and the stronger the better. I'll be hauling firewood, dirt, lots of kids, etc.
      -Ability to pull a trailer, which will often be loaded with firewood and other supplies.
      -Ability to get out of the mud. This is why 4x4 is important to me. I may eventually add a snow blade, but not right now.
      -Low maintenance and low maintenance costs. I can change oil, belts and plugs, but I would rather not do anything more than that.

Things that are not important to me:
      -Top end speed. I have no real need for anything to go over 20 mph. Sure it would be fun, but I don't want it to affect the decision.
      -Super sporty looks. I like the look of both the Kubota and Gator, so that's not really a deal breaker.

The only real concerns I have about the Kubota is the CVT transmission. Perhaps it's great, but I assume it's much more expensive to fix that the simple belt-driven Gator.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    • By Travis
      UTVs represent a pretty good investment of both your money and your enjoyment. The tires that come stock on your machine are usually pretty good all-around tires, but there are several reasons to consider going for an upgrade. You might want a more aggressive tread pattern for a specific kind of riding. Perhaps the riding conditions in your area call for a tire with better puncture resistance. There is always the reason that comes from countless hours of enjoyment – the stock tires are simply worn out. Maybe you just want some different tires simply because you do? Regardless of the reason, a new set of tires represents a significant investment. Here are five of the best UTV tires for the money on the market today.
      Read More
    • By Alex
      The RTV400CI/RTV500 is part of Kubota's Mid-Size Utility Vehicles. The EFI gas-powered 4WD RTV400Ci and RTV500 feature mid-size utility, agility and the legendary Kubota reliability you need to get the job done. There is a special financing offer currently running as well.
      Big Performance: Compact Design Loaded Value
      Full Brochure: https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/rtv500.pdf?sfvrsn=e197ac2b_4

KUBOTA RTV SERIES - NEW PURCHASE SPECIAL OFFERS
      0% A.P.R. for up to 36 Months on your new RTV400/RTV500 Series RTV! (offer ends 06/30/2018)
      0% A.P.R. for 36 Months with 0% Down1 OR
      0% A.P.R. for 48 Months with 0% Down1 OR
      1.99% A.P.R. for 60 Months with 0% Down1
      OR
      $300 Instant Rebate for Cash or Standard Rate Financing
    • By Skrtcsr
      2014 Joyner Trooper T2 Side by Side Buggy 4x4 - 1,100cc EFI ATV PRICE JUST REDUCED
      I have a near brand new (ONLY 56 Miles on it!!) Joyner Trooper T2 Side by Side Buggy with TONS of extra's! I bought this for our hunting land and ended up not using it at all. It is a great machine and I hate to see it sit in the barn (always kept inside) & not get used. I have over $16,800 invested and it is literally in near new condition. This thing has a 5-Speed EFI V4 Automotive Cherry Engine with 4 Wheel independent locking differentials, its a BEAST. Extra Tires, Windshield, Lights, Wheels, Sides, Rear Window, Fenders, Etc.
      (See Links Below)
      Listing on Craigslist        Listing on ATV Trader      YouTube Video of Buggy