Quantcast

Technician!

2008 Renegade 800 Question

I am considering purchasing this (used) with 2000 miles on odo.  I have searched this site for information regarding differential issues.  My question is: What model years would have "up-graded" differentials?  I realize I will need to visually inspect both differentials once I get it, but just looking for a baseline as to if this particular year is more problematic, etc.  

Thanks...Great site!

I don't believe Joyner "upgraded" their differentials.  If they did, it wasn't well advertised.  The upgrade was developed by a 3rd party.  I think the upgrade was basically stronger ring gear bolts plus spacers.  Kelly BB puts the value between $3k-$4k.  But the value vs what someone is willing to pay are not the same.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jeremiah Hammond
      So to shorten it up, my rear diff on the strike 1000 exploded. And not from improper use, just a junk cast case probably full of air pockets. 
      Im trying to figure out another brand rear diff I could transplant in. There are plenty of wrecked rzr 800 all over the classifieds. I wonder how much fab would be required to do the transplant?
      anyone have a rzr and a Hisun they couple compare side by side?
    • By Kevin Slack
      I bought the sector hisun 550 for feeding deer, haven't had it a year yet and yesterday driving it I heard a bad noise. Took it back where I bought it and they said it sounds like the rear differential went out of it. Has anyone had any problem like this with there new hisun. I do have about 160 hours on it and 2600 miles. All easy driving miles.
    • By Shane Farrar
      I just bought a 2018 Honda pioneer 1000.i got the 3 seater.i need some help and advice on what kind of roof to get.my buddy said an aluminum one would rattle and shake and be really noisy. Honda only offers one kind.any suggestions or websites  I can look at.i bought a fold out windshield from super atv so I need one that won't interfere with it
    • By Cub owner
      Ok trying again... I have 2018 cub cadet 750. Having clutch issues. Has anyone bought a upgrade for them and where did you get them and about how much. Thanks for any help given. From what i have looked over on here. Lots of nice helpful people 
    • By Ryan Shorter
      Brand New set of front differential output hubs for 2017 Polaris RZR 1000 front differential.  Been sitting around for six months...never been installed!  I have the box from Polaris that they came in.  Part #3235965 ...I'll take $350.