Quantcast

bjones

610 mule oil level

Strange issue and it has happened twice.  Changed oil twice and after a while when oil is checked it is always to full on dip stick.  Looks like at least 1/2 qtr.  I have looked at manual and put in amount called for, 1.16 qt without filter.  What would cause level to appear to full.  Thanks

Does it smell like gas?

And you said with out filter, so you don't fill the filter, correct?

Or do you just leave the filter?

Kinda hard to tell about gas in oil, didn't smell to much like it had gas in oil but could be wrong.  Last time I changed oil I didn't fill with oil before installing.   Have had a problem with plug fouling after about 2 hrs meter run time, plug will be black as sut, no oil or gas smell on it just really black.  Wonder if the two are related.  If gas is in oil what could cause this, maybe carb. letting gas flow by.  Thinking of putting in a gas line cut off, that should eliminate that concern until I get it my mechanic to look in to plug fouling.  What you think and thanks for responding.  Mule has 360 hrs light yard use only.

Isn't there a transaxle or transmission bolted up to the motor? Could have a bad seal that is leaking fluid through.  

Not sure about transmission but I think it is mated but it has a red fluid in it  80-90 weight and I checked it.  It has a separate reservoir and dip stick.  It was a little low but not bad so I topped it off.  Also changed oil only no filter, took just a tad over 1 qt.  I measured oil drained out and it must have been at least 1.5 qts.  Mule is making oil, LOL.  Will monitor and see if it stays at current level.  Thanks again

It's easy to pass fuel through the carb if the needle valve is worn and not making a good seal.  

Fuel pump also.  Its vacuum operated so if the pump diaphragm is ruptured it can literally suck fuel into the crankcase.  The good news is there are some really inexpensive fuel pump replacements available.

• Like 1

I have a fairly new fuel pump on it from a previous repair and It maybe the needle valve.  I will monitor the oil level and see what happens.  Thanks again

Be sure to monitor it CLOSELY.

Im sure you know, but gas will dilute the oil, and next thing ya know, (rattle rattle rattle BANG!)  :D