Quantcast

2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize Kicks Out Of Gear / Free Wheels

Hey. I recently got a used Polaris Ranger 570, and I’ve noticed if I let off the gas going down a hill, after about 5-10 seconds, it kicks out of gear or free wheels. Is this normal? It’s kind of annoying imo, since you have to hold your brake so much more. Also, is it bad to leave it in 2wd Diff Lock? I have turf mode, but like to keep it in diff lock because I climb some pretty steep hills frequently. Is it bad to engage/disengage diff lock/4wd while moving or in a pull? Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Jeff Hewitt
      I have a 2020 polaris ranger 1000s I want to replace ujoints with greasable ujoints can anyone part# I can use to find one? Any info would be appreciated 
    • By Tim Hays
      Looking for a list of error codes for Polaris ranger 800 EFI 2013  use to have it stored got a new phone  lost it any help please
    • By Logan
      Ok so I have a Polaris ranger xp 08 I think . I started it up no problem( never had any ) drove it out of the garage about 15 feet and let it idle for about 5 mins . Then it started to sputter , gave it some gas and it stalled out. Tried to start it a couple times but wouldn’t go. I figured gas was low, put some in but same thing . So I got the ether and took the air filter off sprayed it in and it fired right up but would stall out instantly.  So I tried it again and gave it some gas but same thing . Next I just sprayed and jus got enough to gas it back into the garage . But then I saw flames coming out of the air intake . Was able to put it out quick ( 10 seconds) just by blowing on it . Before anyone says to much starting fluid I know a little goes a long way . I didn’t hold it down and jus spray , only a quick burst twice before stalling out . But where do I go from here ? Engine not getting enough gas ? But then why was I able to start/drive/ and idle at first ? Now I can’t even get it started . Let me know what you think.
    • By Susan Thompson
      Hi everyone, new to UTV life. My 2010 500 EFI has problem with re setting  maintained light and also hour meter. Have read manual and cannot find out how to re set after oil change.
    • By jwienrich
      HI new to the forum so this is my first post and problem. So I have a 2005 Ranger 500 6x6 with a carb and do not have any power to the fuel pump. Research has suggested that it could be the pdm but after looking extensively through my machine I cannot find a pdm. I can only find 3 flat black thin boxes under the hood on the passenger side. Are there some ranger 500's without pdm's? I bought this machine new and it has never been messed with. This machine has been in storage for several years and has only 12 hours on it.
      Thanks, Jeff
      My Bad just looked at my title and its a 2004 not a 2005 so no PDM or ECM. Wiring is quite different so I need to take another look.