Quantcast

Pamm r

Mule Not Charging still after new Regulator

Mule still not charging after replacing a new regulator.  Need to figure out how to test the alternator at the plug on top of the motor.  Any easy way to check it?

Battery 2 months old.  Update is my stator is working.  I tested it on AC mode and it does good AC voltage.  Now I have to see why not charging still even after a new regulator.  So I will try to test it at the plug as shown in the vid you posted.

What was the A.C. Voltage?

It needs to put out a certain amount to work properly. And for the regulator to change it to 12V

I had a guy come over and help as I don't know much about digital meters.  My stator seems to be doing ok.  Did a wire test from stator plug all the way to the regulator and then to battery.  No broken wires.  So it seems to be that I received a bad DOA regulator that I had ordered in so I will send it back and reorder then see

• Like 1

UPDATE....   Well after this sites help and two different Regulators because the first one was D.O,A. the second one made it charge. I did find out that 610 Mule must use regulator part # 21066-0039 ONLY. My unit only uses 4 of the 5 pins in the connector going to the regulator. The middle pin has no wires to it. THANKS,.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem on a Mule 600 two regulators and still not charging. My stator checks ok. Where did you get your regulator? Was it an aftermarket or Kawasaki OEM part?

• Like 1

UPDATE, the new regulator worked well about 30 mins then not charging again, i had help making sure the stator was working and wires were all good, SO something must be shorting the regulators out since this is my second one. Anyone know what to check????

On 12/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, dalem said:

I'm having the same problem on a Mule 600 two regulators and still not charging. My stator checks ok. Where did you get your regulator? Was it an aftermarket or Kawasaki OEM part?

i have tried after market  and OEM , and both only lasted for about 30 mins.  And my stator checks ok too.  The guy helping me did a continuity check from the stator plug to the plug that plugs into the regulator and both those wires were fine and the other two wires goes from regulator plug to the battery.  All wires are good.

I've never seen an electrical schematic for the Mule, but if you have one please post it.  Me and a couple guys here in the avionics shop will look it over

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.