Quantcast

2008 Joyner Renegade 800 R4 all gages except speed and tachometer don’t work

Terrypenton

Bought this machine a couple years ago and the gages didn’t work.  I have troubleshot this thing numerous times to no avail. Thought it may be a common ground so I individually grounded  the gages, didn’t work.  I have tested the sending units.  All have some resistance that changes as the engine revs or gets warmer.  Please help me.  Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

I don't know if you've resolved your issue with the gauges since it's been a while.  Do the lights work on the gauges?  With the engine off, is the oil pressure warning light  and battery light illuminated?  When I turn on the ignition without startingt the engine, those two lights come on, gauge lights illuminate and the speedometer & tackometer cycles.  This applies to the Trooper and Renegade.  I can't address other Joyner products.  On my machine, all of the guages are powered by a 12vdc supply through a 7.5amp fuse.  There's a body wiring connector that may have come loose.  This connector passes the sensor signals to the gauges.  The speedometer and tacometer are run via the l/p connector (a different connector).  I have no idea where those connectors are located on the Renegades.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By AL F
      CAN'T FIND ANYTHING UNDER 2005 THAT MATCHES  ARE THESE THE SAME   FUEL INJECTORS
    • By TimsBrickHouse
      DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM HISUN Period! I had the axis 700 for 2 months when a rat or squirrel ate both wiring harnesses. (Main & ECM)Wanna know why? Because the manufacture of these things in their infinite wisdom use either, a soybean oil or a peanut oil to run the wires through the the wire loom. Hmmm i wonder why they would be inclined to eat the wires. So now I have $10K machine that I've only had for 2 months when all this happened and they will not warranty it at all. It is going to cost me $800 to $1000 to get this fixed. Here is a link to a video showing where we took our Hisun notice how many are there:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2FdniAoCyvTJMKae7

So counting mine, there are 16 of Hisun Axis on the lot that i took in for authorized dealer, with the exact same problem, plus other troubles that the mechanic explained to me. This particular place told me they are not going to work on them anymore. I will be posting this in as many places as possible to reach the masses. I hope its worth Hisun!
    • By Travis
      The cables are sort of seized up on the emergency brake, they still work but i have to wiggle and pull on em to get them to release, i pulled the drum off but cant see a way to remove the cable. It is kind of dirty inside the drum where it was leaking so i need to run to the parts store and buy some parts cleaner so i can see everything better.
       The shop manual i have  does not cover parking brake cable removal, well.... it does kind of. it says "Remove parking brake cable at both ends" 🙄
       We'll see
       EDIT: ARRR! Looks like my rear axle seal is leaking, there is a small puddle on a machined step below the seal and it smells like Trans oil. felt around the wheel cylinder and it isn't coming from their.....  I guess my weekend is planned for me LOL
    • By sxsadventurerally
      Join us for an epic adventure in the rocks & dunes at Sand Hollow State Park. - America's Most Beautiful SXS & UTV Rally is coming up May 11-13. Bringing SXS & UTV besties together since 2015 for the ultimate sandbox and playground for girls & boys and their toys.
      Polaris IS BACK! / Yamaha Demo and test rides
      Vendor shows - Best in the industry will be there! (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ENTER THE EVENT TO COME ENJOY THE VENDORS AND DO TEST DRIVES.)
      Professionally guided trail rides
      Education classes and clinics
      Cornhole tournaments
      Senic rides, music, tournaments and more!
      Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/556805562607273
      What: #SXSAdventureRallyontheRocks
      When: May 11-13, 2023
      Where: Sand Hollow State Park, UT
      More info & registration: SXSAdventureRally.com
      Questions? (435) 703-4444
      This SXS/UTV family friendly event will overload the senses. Come to gorgeous Southern Utah as the best industry SXS and UTV's hit the sand, dunes, rocks and endless vistas of Sand Hollow State park for the adventure of a lifetime. May is perfect riding weather and is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
      See you soon!

• By Hope McCloud
      Does the UT500 need greasing?  Where can I find the fittings?  Thanks.