Quantcast

Kmrider

2020 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT Stop Sale

Kmrider-I dont know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do!

Now I’m getting excited!!! I wonder if my dealer knows anything about this? 

That is indeed good news! Hopefully now that the government is happy, they are getting their supply chain issues resolved as well.

Today I decided to celebrate Kawasakis double stop sale fix government approval by ordering the new tires I intend to replace the factory tires with. The new tires will be here tomorrow.  Unfortunately... lol!

• Like 1

Heard from my dealer today... he said that he was told parts could start shipping as early as next week... that is if the corona doesn’t stop sale the U.S.  

6 minutes ago, West 5757 said:

Heard from my dealer today... he said that he was told parts could start shipping as early as next week... that is if the corona doesn’t stop sale the U.S.  

Did he happen to mention where the parts were coming from?

8 hours ago, bartelso1975 said:

any updates on the recalls? thanks

The only thing I can say is my dealer contacted me a couple of days ago. All he did was echo Kmrider's information which we already had. He did mention that Covid-19 could very easily stretch things out even more.

I spoke with Kawasaki customer service earlier this evening. They told me they had all of the parts necessary to take care of Stop Sale #1 (Fire Harzard). 

Stop Sale #2 (Steering Issue) is a bit more long winded. COVID-19 is definitely playing a role in slowing things down. However, they have found a manufacturer in Taiwan who is going to start supplying the parts needed for the fix although not in the numbers they had hoped for. The first shipment is supposed to arrive the first week of April with weekly shipments coming in after that.

Kawasaki is still trying to find a manufacturer here in the U.S. that can expedite the situation. 

It is anyone's guess which dealers will receive parts first.

It should make for some interesting conversations for the service departments when people read to stop driving their machines and call the dealer to schedule a repair only to be told parts aren't available to fix them.

• Like 1

I went to visit a man and his wife today on their farm and they had a Kubota side by side there. There was some coveting going on at that place!! I convinced myself that if they made a gas version, I’d buy it. 

• Haha 2

I talked to the parts department at my dealer and they ordered my parts for the recall this last Thursday and said they should be there on Tuesdays. So parts are on there way in and I should be getting mine this next week.  

1 hour ago, Jacob said:

I talked to the parts department at my dealer and they ordered my parts for the recall this last Thursday and said they should be there on Tuesdays. So parts are on there way in and I should be getting mine this next week.  

I am considering this to be bragging!

My dealer told me (yesterday) that parts were still not available and were at least 2 weeks out...  frustrating - don't know what to believe.

3 hours ago, lakebob said:

My dealer told me (yesterday) that parts were still not available and were at least 2 weeks out...  frustrating - don't know what to believe.

Unfortunately, my dealer just said (today) "several weeks". I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't have any idea who to believe anymore.

My salesman told me they were not allowed to order them until the 27th and that was only for utvs that were already sold.   My dealer put me down as an owner and got them coming in.   Either way I should find out Wednesday  if everything is in and they are repairing it.   If we are allowed to leave our houses.  Hahaha. 

2 hours ago, Jacob said:

My salesman told me they were not allowed to order them until the 27th and that was only for utvs that were already sold.   My dealer put me down as an owner and got them coming in.   Either way I should find out Wednesday  if everything is in and they are repairing it.   If we are allowed to leave our houses.  Hahaha. 

Does this mean those of us that made a stop sale deposit a few months back are now bottom feeders for parts availability?

I did the same thing.   I guess it just depends what your dealer does and how your dealer considers you.   I would say if you put a deposite down on the unit then you are technically an owner. And that's how my dealer considered me.  That's not to say yours will do the same.  

Thank you for the information.  I know that I, and most likely others would appreciate it if you kept us posted on how this progresses for you.

Got a call from Kawasaki Customer Service

this evening...she told me that:

1) both the corrections had been approved (already knew that from this forum)

2) they have parts sourced for the engine fire problem (knew that also)

3) they would know more about the parts for the steering column hopefully by the end of the month (contradicts what other members on here are being told).

I guess we should rejoice in the small victories but it appears that my local dealership will be closed for a while due to the Coronavirus...unless they start selling the essentials - groceries, drugs or alcohol.