Quantcast

Mac250

2018 Hisun Sector 250 Gear Shift hard to engage

Just purchased a 2018 Hisun Sector 250. The gear shift is hard to engage. Tried depressing the brake pedal, no change. Tried with the engine running and turned off, no change. The gear shift cable, from the dash to the trans seems to be grinding. With my hand on the cable I can feel it grinding, vibrating, as the gear shift is moved up or down. Can this cable be removed and greased or does it just need to be replaced?

It's not in the cable grinding but in the transmission most likely.

I do not know a whole lot about transmission inner workings

Didn't think it was the trans. The vibration and grinding is felt even when the engine is off.  I think my next move is to take the cable off at the trans and see if the problem is still there.

• Like 1

There's products made specifically for cable lubrication. But once there's a noticeable problem. None of that stuff really works. Maybe its okay for maintenance, but it won't fix a bad cable. A new cable isn't exactly expensive. So that's the only way to go here. 

Sometimes fishing that cable, or trying to duplicate the routing. Especially after removing the old cable, can be a problem. I'd probably try to tape the leading end of the new one, to the trailing end of the old one. Then work it through. That way it'll go over what its supposed to, and under, or through the rest. Hopefully leaving it positioned just as it's supposed to be. Might work, might not, but it's worth a try. Don't forget that its likely clamped down in a place or two. Good luck.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with my 450 sector. What i find works is to give a quick blip on throttle and as revs drop engage the gear. Don't rev to high as gears could be damaged. Do the same if you need to remove from gear to neutral position.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Michael Busby
      Hi guys. I'm new here. Just picked up a 2010 Hisun/Tomoto 800UTV yesterday. It's missing one of the body pieces just behind the driver side front tire. Does anyone have a wrecked or parts buggy they are selling parts. Or possibly know where I can find this piece? 

• By justingrider
      Good morning everyone, appreciate any help on this.  I picked up a 2013 Hisun 800 for a project.  Previous owner had fried a lot of the electrical with a bunch of aftermarket audio equipment, so I have been replacing all of the wiring to give it a fresh start.  I'm 95% there with a couple of plugs I can't figure out where they need to be routed and the reason for me reaching out for help here.
      1.  A female 2-port white plug that comes off the end of the main harness, close to the side where the terminal hook ups tap into the battery.  It has a Blue/black-stripe wire and a White/blue-stripe wire. (Pictures: https://ibb.co/m9PRDqX and
      https://ibb.co/9pHZsFj). I'm assuming it is another single offset fuse or module like the other pieces around it but can't find anything on what it might be or that wire color combination in the manual/wiring diagrams...anyone know what this guy goes to?
      2.  On the crank position sensor (torque sensor), the wires that I have coming off of that are a green wire and blue/light-gray-stripe wire (https://ibb.co/FmJLJfs)...any idea on where this guy is suppose to plug in to?
      Again, thanks for any help you can provide!
      -Justin

• By JDH
      Hi guys,
      I have a Rural King version of the Hisun Sector 250 with about 75 miles and 15 hours on it.  It just started being difficult to start and idle.  But if I hold in on the gas a little it will start and run until I left off.  It also runs good and will run good until I stop then it idles for a few seconds then quits.  Its about 4 months out of warranty.  Battery voltage is fine before, during, and after starting.  Oil is clean and clear.  Gas is fresh.   I can hear the fuel pump spool up when I turn the key to actually start it, not when I turn it to the on position though like on most other UTV's I have owned.  Its really odd and has me perplexed.  The only other thing that I have noticed is that the engine temp indicator on the left side of the dash only indicates one bar regardless of how warm the engine is.  Other than that, it runs great.  Just hard to start and won't idle.  Any suggestions?  It has me  perplexed.
      Thanks

Jason
    • By DJ530
      A few pictures (so far) of the engine work - eventually I will share wiring info and other details (if anyone is interested?)  should anyone else ever need to swap an engine in one of these. The replacement engine is a Harbor freight $750 special 670cc,  (lawn mower/industrial type lump) with a few minor upgrades. Should have it back together soon, bolted in. The cold weather slows me down! 

• By bmoody4550
      I recently got a 2006 Joyner 650cc Commando. It was not running when i got it.
      I put a new fuel pump and alternator and is up and running.
      My problem is when I originally got it started it seemed I didn't have 1st gear.  I was able to get it moving from 2nd and was sure I got it into 3rd.
      In my process of diagnosing the first gear issue and I realize I have first gear because it is where I thought 3rd gear was. But now I don't seem to have 3rd or 4th gear.
      The shifter itself seems sloppy and needs a little rehab if that is possible. Replacement available?
      Cables are worn so I don't know if they have too much play to properly shift. Can't seem to find any cables available to replace. 
      Can someone tell me which cable should be first and second and 3rd and 4th? One is black and the other is red.
      Ultimately it may be a transmission problem internally.
      As long as I have 1st and 2nd the machine will work for me going through the woods picking up wood.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      New to this if you can't tell.
      Thanks

• Similar Tagged Content

• By JDH
      Hi guys,
      I have a Rural King version of the Hisun Sector 250 with about 75 miles and 15 hours on it.  It just started being difficult to start and idle.  But if I hold in on the gas a little it will start and run until I left off.  It also runs good and will run good until I stop then it idles for a few seconds then quits.  Its about 4 months out of warranty.  Battery voltage is fine before, during, and after starting.  Oil is clean and clear.  Gas is fresh.   I can hear the fuel pump spool up when I turn the key to actually start it, not when I turn it to the on position though like on most other UTV's I have owned.  Its really odd and has me perplexed.  The only other thing that I have noticed is that the engine temp indicator on the left side of the dash only indicates one bar regardless of how warm the engine is.  Other than that, it runs great.  Just hard to start and won't idle.  Any suggestions?  It has me  perplexed.
      Thanks

Jason
    • By Kevin Slack
      I bought the sector hisun 550 for feeding deer, haven't had it a year yet and yesterday driving it I heard a bad noise. Took it back where I bought it and they said it sounds like the rear differential went out of it. Has anyone had any problem like this with there new hisun. I do have about 160 hours on it and 2600 miles. All easy driving miles.
    • By Moosehunter
      Anyone doing a mod on the parking brake?  It’s very awkward to press if you have long legs . 2019 Hisun sector 750
    • By Tom Rosecke
      So i have a 2018 Hisun Sector 750 Crew and while driving the noise level is outrageous.  I want to find a way to decrease the decibel level, so does anyone have any ideas!!! i was thinking about installing foam on the roof enclosure and possibly putting something around the engine bay area.  I have not found any companies that makes a suppressor for the muffler...Any help would be appreciated.  thank you