Quantcast

UTV ENGINE SWAP

Mike McDonald

I have a 2013 Intimidator with a 750 Kohler V2 engine. In the future I thought about swapping the engine with something that has more power. 
Does anyone have experience with engine swaps? Also what about swapping it with a motorcycle engine. Mine has the CVT with a 2 speed transmission. This was the first edition of the Intimidator and they basically used a lawn mower engine, so it’s a loud and runs 30 mph tops. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bill L
      I have a 2018 Hisun Sector 250 that the DC power port has no power.  I don't think it ever did so that was my bad for never trying something in the port. I have a repair manual, not sure it covers a 2018 year, but the wire diagram shows the power port on the same line/fuse as the horn and the horn works.  Should it have power with the key off or only when running?  Any ideas? Thanks   Bill L
    • By GRAYWHISKERS
      So my engine was locked up. Pulled flywheel and found alot of mud and the magnets broken. Anyone else have the magnets break?

• By Byron Johnson
      Does anyone have a had time starting there utv.
      I have a T-Boss 750 and I have had to put 2 starters in and put heavier wire to the starter but it still has a problem starting. it will turn over and than die before it wil turn over again. could it be that there is to much compression that might cause this problem

Thank you
    • By CodyP
      I have a 2015 strike 1000 and it was very hard to start when I first got it. After pulling the fuel pump and cleaning everything it starts up and idles but just seems to not have any power won’t run over 20mph
    • eManualOnline
    • By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault.