Quantcast

Dolly

Whit with oil smoke!

TEAM MULE 610!

My Mule is an old beast.  bought used. 10 years now never a problem.  Plowing snow off steep driveway this morning however in Wisconsin.. on way up  long hill Mule starts blowing billowing cloud of smoke out of exhaust.  I stop let it idle and it gradually clears up.  Try again.. same result.  Ready to pull into garage and DIY fix.  Anybody seen this?  fixed this?   Carburetor?  Piston Rings?    Best Wishes!

It could be a valve seal,  usually piston rings won't start all of the sudden like that.

Check the oil level to be sure it's not over full.

Is the smoke blue or white?

Oil usually smokes blue

• Similar Topics

• By rjfrider
      Mule Pro MX question:  Is there a trick to removing the center floor panel or "tunnel" other than removing the 8 plastic rivets?  I removed the rivets but the panel won't pop up easily, and I don't want to force it with a crow bar so as not to break some tabs or other hidden parts.  Accessory mount instruction attached.  Thanks for your help.  rider
      Mule Pro MX floor tunnel.pdf
    • By Tom Garofano
      need a snow plow for my new pro mx  who has done it and what did you use
        thanks
       tom
    • By Felixbot
      I’m working on a 98 mule kaf620. The fuel pump failed. It was making a loud clicking noise and would not accelerate. I replaced it with the cheapest pump I could find on amazon. It failed after a few days. We bought another pump from fuel pump factory and installed it. It began leaking from the seam in the body after about 10 minutes. I contacted them and they sent another new pump. After installing it, same thing; leaking at the seam of the pump. I’m not sure how to move forward. Does this pump have some sort of internal bypass? Being an electric pump, it cannot run all of the time. What am I missing? 
      Any help would really be appreciated, as a grandmother uses this to feed her cattle and is using a red wagon until it is fixed.
    • By Kmrider
      Tried to buy a 2020 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT and was told their was a stop sale on them, but the dealer had no info on what the problem was or how long until a solution is found to whatever the issue is.   Anyone know anything about this?
    • By Dan S
      Anybody have recommendations about where to ride my RZR in the snow in northern UT? Hoping to try some of that out this year!