Quantcast

Roarky24

2011 HS 700 EFI Radiator Fan Help

Hi everyone! I am stumped on this one and I am looking for some help. I have a 2011 Qlink 700 EFI(Hisun 700cc EFI Motor) that I have been having overheating issues with.  So far I have changed both sensors the one on the radiator itself and the one on the engine by where the thermostat would be.  I have left it running for over a hour in my driveway and the radiator fan never kicked on(watched radiator steam) so I jumped that to make sure the fan worked and it does.  But is not kicking on when it is hooked up right.  Any suggestions on where to go from here since there is no fuse for the radiator fan?  Thank You

sxs enging s#.jpg

I would check for a blown fuse or bad relay, or check to see if you have power to the wiring

There is no fuse for the fan that I could find so I called Hisun and they confirmed that as well. As for the relay the electrical schematics does not show a relay either.  

• Like 1

Are you certain that there's no air in the cooling system? That would cause what you've described. As to the fuse, and/or relay. There really should be both, as all electric circuits should be fused. But because that fan would have a large amp draw, a short could burn the whole thing down. But certainly there should be a relay, since that fan would likely draw too many amps for a simple switch that the heat sending unit or sensors would provide. 

I agree that system must be bled for air. Start at motor at the thermostat, there is a bleeding screw. Motor must be running. Then move to radiator. Remove cap and at the back of radiator on towards the top on passenger side, there is a bleeding bolt. Remove bolt and have someone assist you filling radiator until water starts running out. Replace bolt and top up radiator. Install radiator cap. Remove plug on sensor  and insert bridge piece wire. Fan should then run. If fan does not run, replace sensor. You can also test heat gauge at the  thermostat by installing bridge piece. There are two sensors, do the one after the thermostat.