Quantcast

TmJoyner

2016 Sand viper 1100 front suspension rattle

New to the Joyner community.  Bought a used 2016 1100 sand viper in descent shape. Only 155 miles.   Runs great.  It just rattles quite a bit in the front when riding on rough gravel / hard-packed dirt roads outside St Johns.  Removed front wheels and seems to be coming from both upper and lower suspension arm bushings/radial bearings (see pic); both left and right.  Seems like some play inside the eyelets - as I shake the arms a bit.  I assume it's not supposed be loose in there like that and the bushing/bearings are worn.  Anyone have had this issue and how did you go about changing them?

IMG_1456.JPG

Also looking at some mods soon.  Thinking power steering first but can't see springing $1200 for ones at Joyner USA  + installation.  Already upgraded seat belts, tires and made my own windshield.

1.  Power Steering. Alright on straight runs but on tight trails, not easy

2.  Shocks...shocks...shocks.  Still has stock. Need suggestions on what is available to replace with.  Something with a little more travel.

2.  Some way to make shifting easier. The cable is too far down the clutch action arm.

3.  New rims.  The stock ones loose air, albeit slowly, faster then the spare I got from Powersport Superstore.

4. Turbo kit.  I have the stock 1100 cherry engine

5.  Cup holders!!  Haha.  Funny but, for real man, where do I put my drink at?

Give us a call at West Coast Fabrication 6618228111 we work on Joyners  ask for Chris We are open most days

You don't happen to also be in/near Phoenix, AZ?   With any work you would do, I would need to bring it to your shop in Tehachapi, CA?

Depends on what work you want done ? you might be able to do it your self.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jhen
      I just purchased a Joyner Trooper T2.  Does anyone know if it can be registered to use on the roads in Arizona?  It has the street legal stuff like mirrors and turn signals.  It also has catalyst and air sensor.  I tried to get it insured and insurance told me "it's a dune buggy".   We don't insure dune buggies!   The title, which I can't get changed until the 28th of July (appointment issues) shows Joyne  ATV.  I really enjoy the Trooper and it fills the bill for what my wife and I were looking for.   
    • By Joey Miller
      Hey I finally found a joyner I could afford lol I just bought a 2008 joyner sand viper 800cc I like it but it needs work that's not the issue me being a mechanic issue is I can't seem to find the parts I need like everything else I've worked on I'm not even sure what would work so I need advice from some one who has been there for now the things I need the most are rear shocks , I need the upper and lower ball joints or Johnny joints whatever they are called and I'm sure this had a fuel pressure regulator before now it just has some random inline pump no filter runs good for 15 mins or so then runs pretty crappy but if I let it sit a bit same thing I know it's going out but I need to know what I can do to sub for the factory pump and what psi requirement it has that's it for now any help would be appreciated
    • By Wrangler95
      Can a person find aftermarket wheels for a Kawasaki KAF 400 sx 4x4 xc camo mule.Im not having any luck so far.
    • By chris.minix
      Is the any other ball joint brands out there for the Troopers? 
    • By TomWA
      2016 Cub Cadet Challenger 700 has a hitch receiver that requires a vertical pin as opposed to a horizontal pin to attach hitches.  I'm looking for an 18" hitch entender that will attach using a vertical pin and then accept a horizontal pin for a trailer hitch.  I've looked everywhere.  Any ideas on where to find one?  TIA
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Joey Miller
      Hey I finally found a joyner I could afford lol I just bought a 2008 joyner sand viper 800cc I like it but it needs work that's not the issue me being a mechanic issue is I can't seem to find the parts I need like everything else I've worked on I'm not even sure what would work so I need advice from some one who has been there for now the things I need the most are rear shocks , I need the upper and lower ball joints or Johnny joints whatever they are called and I'm sure this had a fuel pressure regulator before now it just has some random inline pump no filter runs good for 15 mins or so then runs pretty crappy but if I let it sit a bit same thing I know it's going out but I need to know what I can do to sub for the factory pump and what psi requirement it has that's it for now any help would be appreciated
    • By SMK
      I’m not a mechanic so I don’t really know where to look for the problem and I can’t find a local shop or person to help diagnose the problem. I’m located in Southern California. So my Viper won’t shift into 3rd or 4th but 1st 2nd and reverse work fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Rasken
      Hello.
      New to this forum and glad to find it. So i have bought a Joyner sand viper 650, 2008 with low compression. I took the motor out and checked the pistons and the ring gap was to big plus the engine had pinged so the upper part of the piston was bad.
      So i ordered a new piston set with pistons, rings and pins. But here comes the problem, the new piston has no gap for the c-clip but the old piston had...? Why that? The pin floates perfect in both piston and rod shaft so it can wander away and hit the cylinder walls.
      Anyone that has come across the same problem? Im not new when it comes to mechanic but has never come across this problem before.
      Hope you understand what i mean, i tried my best.

/Jonas
      Sweden
    • By Markus_K
      Hi everyone,
      Been driving my Massimo since January. Really pretty satisfied with it. I have done 1 oil change on it and have now over 1700 miles on it. I have one leaking seal on the axle at the diff, but that is pretty much it. I do have a curious thing that happens occasionally. When turning or coming in or off a trail at a pretty severe side angle, I get an occasional snapping sound. This sound is pretty loud  and can be felt in the footwell area. It doesn't seem to really affect anthing and there is no obvious or easily seen area where some kind of movement is happening. I'm wondering if the leaking diff seal is related to this popping sound. Could the axle be pulling out of the diff?
      Thanks for any help
      Mark