Quantcast

kenfain

New gun rack install

Just picked up a new overhead gun rack. I had to look around quite a bit, because I didn't like the design, nor the reviews of most. They typically rely on a spreader type design. That type of design causes a somewhat loose fit. I needed a more positive fit. So I went with the seizmic 07301

20200601_180229.jpg

• Like 1

The installation is straightforward, and easy. With hinged brackets that wrap around the roll bar

20200601_153951.jpg

The kit comes with rubber shims to accommodate the mule's  less than 2 inch roll bar. But I prefer to use Gaffers tape. That stuff sticks, and won't walk or let go.

20200601_152239.jpg

And the finished product. It's extremely solid. I could stand on top of this thing. And the guns are held very snug, in a no mar rubberized bracket. 

20200601_162131.jpg

20200601_162117.jpg

That Looks great!

Have Gun, Will Travel ;) 

See many wild hogs up your way?

Thanks, it was a fun project. And I highly recommend this rack to anyone who is looking for something like that. 

There's lots of feral hogs here. Along with a couple of other specific tasks. Killing a few of these hogs each year gets me a substantial tax deduction. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By farmcrew
      I recently got a 2007 Commando 650 C4 and I'm in the process of going through it from stem to stern. The AZ sun has really taken it's toll on all the plastic and rubber. One CV boot is torn and the others are probably not far behind. Most of the rubber on the control cable ends are on bad shape and the steering rack boots are almost completely disintegrated. Anyone have a source for the steering rack boots?
    • By Nazary Vasilchenko
      Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and was looking to get some help from anyone that has the same UTV as mine. 
      So I just picked up a 2016 Cub cadet challenger crew with eps. It’s needs work, the guy that I bought it from completely took the machine apart due to needing an engine rebuild, but he also took off some spare parts to keep for his other machine. So basically I’m missing a few electronics, I think I’m missing a relay box and ecu but I’m not sure. I’ve looked everywhere on the internet for some pictures under the hood and can’t find anything. I’ve found part schematics but some of the pictures are not clear.
      Can someone please open up their hood and post a few pictures of that area? There are a few bolt locations but I can’t find what goes there. It would really help me out. 
    • By Michael Busby
      Hi guys. I'm new here. Just picked up a 2010 Hisun/Tomoto 800UTV yesterday. It's missing one of the body pieces just behind the driver side front tire. Does anyone have a wrecked or parts buggy they are selling parts. Or possibly know where I can find this piece? 

• By bfisherman11
      I bought the 66" KFI plow kit for my 2015 Ranger EXP and I could not be happier. My driveway is gravel and once I got the skid plates adjusted it works great. As good as my experience sounds, one thing might make me even happier, ha. I would like to add the power turn option but at over $800 I think what the heck, I can do that way cheaper.

I looked at a few designs, some guys have used a winch and cable arrangement, others tried a Linear Actuator. I found a guy that did this but he used too light an actuator (300#?) and it busted. I found one on Ebay that pushes 1,320#. For the money I think it will be worth trying. I won't do it this winter but after the season I might design something. First change I would make is the included brackets look way too thin. Other than that though, this looks workable. So, has any other DIY guy like me ever tried this? My online research found a few ideas but very little info on how they held up over time. Thanks! Bill

• By ArrowLobber
      I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 atv that was ran way too hard. I know this is a SXS forum but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns and there is very little out there about the ATV's. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.

2014 Coleman "Hisun" Trail Tamer 800