Quantcast

massimobuck400xgolf

Massimo Buck 400X Golf New Owner Question

I just bought a new buck 400x golf and just signed up to this forum. Lots of good info and glad to be here.

I took off seat to see the engine and noticed a black circular pipe just sitting exposed  leading to the engine bay. As well as a rectangular pipe coming off crank case and possibly even an electrical harness or two with nothing obvious to plug them into?

Does anyone have the buck 400x golf and take a picture or look in their engine bay and let me know if this is normal or if there is something missing on my cart.

I reached out to massimo and let them know that it was unusable if this is actually an important missing part it probably shouldn't be driven, they said I should hear back in 3-5 days but that they are very busy. I figure if one of you has one you can take a look for me and I don't have to wait around on massimo to answer me on what a normal engine bay looks like.

Thanks for your help,

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

17 hours ago, T-boss 410 said:

Could the large open tube possibly be the air intake?

Thanks for response, yes it could be that crossed my mind. Is that normal for intake to be open into engine like that?

On 6/16/2020 at 2:37 PM, T-boss 410 said:

Could the large open tube possibly be the air intake?

Massimo called me back today, they said the circular black tube IS the intake tube so you were correct!

Also the rectangular tube coming from crank case is a normal breather tube so all is normal and my cart is running great as of now.

So my post and worries were for nothing, atleast the next noob can see this.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Been kinda busy lately. I hope you have lots of trouble free hours with your Massimo. Mine only has 14 hours. I need a trailer to tow it with. 

Glad that you heard from the tech. I've used their techs for questions. They have been good about getting back to me, as soon as they can. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Van Fleming
      My new Buck 400 EFI has to rev over 4,000 RPM before it moves and seems to be slipping when placed under a load. Is this normal?
    • By KeithR
      Does anyone know were you can purchase a bed liner for the Buck 400.
    • By Travis
      Two of my favorite actors. 
    • By tazzplay0228
      Hi all. 
      Im new to the utv world. I just bought a 2014 Odes Raider 800. It has only 10.2 miles but has been sitting awhile. I want to change oil and front and rear differential oil. Cause it still has what ever they stuck in it from the dealership. Also what gas rating should I run in it.  I figure mid or high test fuel.  I downloaded the manual for it but it does not say what gear oils or or oil it runs.  Thanks for any help and input. 
    • By Laveta
      I was told by the Massimo dealership that I need to change the oil in my buck 400 side by side after the the first 25 miles as this is the break in period. I’m having a terrible time unloosing the drain plug 😩.. any suggestions? 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Van Fleming
      My new Buck 400 EFI has to rev over 4,000 RPM before it moves and seems to be slipping when placed under a load. Is this normal?
    • By Kent Eddy
      Can you send me the service manual for a Massimo Buck 400?
      Thanks.
    • By OldGoatLover
      I bought this thing last September.  The farm store was extremely nice. 
      But, forget asking for any advice like in the old days.  They only SELL them and tell you to call the Dallas tech person.  
      During the week days - I don't have time.  
      Oil change:  If there is someone who can tell me why the owner's manual (and the internet) says it holds 2 and 1/2 quarts of oil but, my mechanic could only get 1 and 1/2 quarts in it and there is NO oil filter.  
      Please help.  

• By Laveta
      I was told by the Massimo dealership that I need to change the oil in my buck 400 side by side after the the first 25 miles as this is the break in period. I’m having a terrible time unloosing the drain plug 😩.. any suggestions? 
    • By Pedro Quinones
      I purchased a Red Massimo Buck 400EFI recently from Massimo Motor.  It was very simple to purchase on line, it was quick and painless.  After placing my order, I got a call from the Massimo Motor Customer Service Department (Eddie).  He wanted to confirm my order and he let me know that they were building my UTV and gave me an estimated date of completing and delivery.  Upon completion of the unit, Eddie reached out to me to let me know that it would be shipping and that I should expect it within 7 business days of his call.  I actually received it 3 business days after his call.  The truck driver was very polite and helpful.  We got the UTV off the truck and away I went.  We have a small tree farm and we needed something that we could use to maintain our little farm with ease.  The Buck 400EFI performs as expected.  It runs really well; it looks good and the most important thing about it is that my wife loves it.

A few days after receiving my UTV, Eddie from Massimo Customer Service called to make sure that we had received the UTV with no problems and to see if everything was OK with the unit.  He told me that if anything were to come up with the unit, to not hesitate to contact him and he would help us resolve any issue that may arise.

I am very happy that I purchased this UTV from Massimo Motor and IF I had to do this again, I WOULD in a heartbeat.  Eddie at customer service is outstanding and because of him, I would recommend anyone who is interested in purchasing one of these UTV’s, to ask for him.  He will take good care of you.

Sincerely
      P.Q.
      Very Happy Customer