Quantcast

Charles staton

I guess I need to re-jet, but which way to go?

American Sportworks UTV, I swapped in a Predator 670 engine. I relocated the exhaust which was originally bolted to the side of the engine, to the rear of the buggy, via some flexible exhaust pipe. It runs like crap and I think maybe the reason is my exhaust is adding restriction. So I would need to put in smaller jets, right?

Also, the jets installed at the factory are two different sizes. The reason for that as I read somewhere, is that (with the muffler in the factory position) the exhaust gas path through the muffler is longer for one of the cylinders than for the other. I think my added section of pipe might negate that difference. So should both sides be jetted the same now?

Does anybody know where to get jets for this? 

20200627_171520.jpg

Screenshot_20200906-184656_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20200906-184744_Amazon Shopping.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, Travis said:

Might try here, https://www.performance670.com

If not you ought to try and get in touch with the YouTuber RedBeardsGarage, Or, Cars and Camera's .They're  the brain to pick on all the predator engines.

I've seen those guys on YouTube but never occurred to me to ask them questions. They're obviously just regular dudes but for some reason, seeing them on YouTube, I think of them more as characters in a movie that you can't really talk to; a one-way presentation of entertainment and information. I'll give it a shot, thanks for the suggestion. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      View File Kawasaki Mule 550,520,500 Engine repair manual
      This file contains all specifications,troubleshooting and repair procedures for the FE290D  (9.5H.P,286cc) engine used in the  Mule 500,520 and 550 models.
      Topics covered include,  general information, service data, disassembly, reassembly,inspection of parts and maintenance.
      Notes:
      Make sure you're reading the correct information as this manual covers multiple FE series engine, some of which were not used in Mules, the manual does a very good job of clarifying which specifications and procedures are for which Model engine.

Submitter Travis Submitted 01/13/2021 Category Kawasaki  
    • By Dennis Fortner
      Hello, I am looking to purchase my first side by side and I am not sure of the make and model
    • By Chris Miller
      Good Morning Folks..Happy New Year, I have been having some intermittent issues with my 2015 American Landmaster LM500 not going into neutral. Seems if I shut the engine off it would pop into neutral. Yesterday I was splitting firewood with a 500 pound log splitter that I pushed to my wood area up a slight grade. I was not able to get it into neutral which I assumed was due to the pressure of the weight of the splitter pushing back. after I finished splitting wood, I used the weight of the splitter to roll back down the hill to my driveway. I unhooked the splitter but still could not get it to go into neutral or start. I dragged it back into my barn with my mower as I don't leave anything outside over night. I am at a loss what to check to try to fix this. I use my UTV (Eustas) every day that I am at my place where I keep it and will be lost without it. Thoughts? 
    • By Venom
      Hi All,
      I picked up an old beat up 2010 American Sportworks Bull Dog 300 BD300.  I would like to restore her...  Does anyone know a good source for parts other than the OEM?  I find $130 for brake pads is kind of unreasonable... I also need a steering rack and other things... I took apart the steering rack and it needs a new bearing and oil seal... Of course the OEM only sells the complete rack for over $200..  I found the correct bearing for $6.00. I am having trouble finding the correct oil seal.. 
      Anyone that has info on one of these machines, please chime in...  I am used to the ease of finding info on Polaris, Honda, Can Am, Kawasaki, etc.....,  Info and parts on these seems to be scarce..  Some of the parts on it look like Golf Cart parts as well as some look like Go Kart parts..

• By Russshaw
      Hi, I think I just bought a Husun 450 that is in need of TLC. It is leaking badly from the shifter shaft (located at left foot). I can not find a part number for the seal(s) 3 came off of the shaft.

If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful 🙏