Quantcast

Travis

What do you do when

1 minute ago, T-boss 410 said:

So the metal that the gear is made from is soft? I would replace the gear if it were me, since it has deformed once already. 

appears to be, it's definitely not as hard as the previous starter gear... oh well, what do you expect for $50.

i also made sure the engine wasn't too hard to turn over... it's not. about like every other 9hp engine i've worked on.

3 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Can you just use the gear from the old starter?

I thought about it, i looked at it, and is in better shape.. but not mint shape..

but that starter was already 5 years old, i'd hate for that one to give out in a few months...

that bottom starter bolt is Heck to get to.

12 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Well, if you have the money, go for it. Glad you found the problem. That was the only problem, right?

that's all i could find. the starter brushes, and armature all looked good.

12 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Well, if you have the money, go for it. Glad you found the problem. That was the only problem, right?

I'm glad i found the NOS $25  kawasaki gear on ebay, cause the dealer wants North of $85.

14 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

I'm glad i found the NOS $25  kawasaki gear on ebay, cause the dealer wants North of $85.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NOS-OEM-Kawasaki-Starter-Drive-Clutch-Sub-Assembly-KAF300-Mule-13081-2164/273909912852?epid=1323748703&hash=item3fc64d9514:g:EOYAAOSwZoBdGB7C

22 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Ain't that ridiculous? Just think of the profit being made by the dealer. 

I know right! I need to start a career in that work

I would be very interested in finding out what the cost of the gear was for the dealership, and then compare that to the retail cost. I bet we would be amazed!

1 minute ago, T-boss 410 said:

I would be very interested in finding out what the cost of the gear was for the dealership, and then compare that to the retail cost. I bet we would be amazed!

I Price Checked at Babbitt's online, they want $82... and i've come to find their prices are always at least $20-30 less than my local dealership.

2 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

So if you can get it for $25.00, and there is still a profit for the seller, then I would think that the dealers are price gouging. 

Money has power.

5 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

I can understand trying to make a profit, but that much of a profit is too much like price gouging. 

i remember when hurricane Harvey hit here in 2017, bottled water prices went through the roof, mainly at convience stores.... makes it convenient for them to take your money,

Yeah, like toilet paper and hand sanitizer during the pandemic. I personally reported a few sellers on Ebay for gouging. They were removed almost immediately. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.