Quantcast

Waleygator

Tracker 800SX Crew oil smell

New machine has 4 hours on it, 2 that I've put on.  Upon shutting it off, there's a very strong "new oil" burn smell.  Can I assume this will eventually go away with more hours?

Welcome to the UTV Board!

I know an engine may burn a little oil while the piston rings are still being broke in, usually a break in period lasts 20 hours, ( but rings usually seat pretty quick) , keep an eye on the oil level just in a case there is a leak.

Do you ever see smoke, or just smell burnt oil?

No, don't see any smoke thankfully.  Break-in is 20 hours and plan on letting the dealer do all required maintenance at least for the first time.  Thanks for the answer!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      How many hours or miles on your machine?
    • By RZR 800 money burn
      Bought a brand new Polaris 800s in 2012 for my wife ($18500). My first service was $650 (20 hrs) my second service was $2000 and my third service was just quoted at $1100 (now has 60hrs) but my dealer said they could make it $500 and I could do the front ball joints next year.
      My wife with our 5 years follow me around our lake and we take it pretty easy, i could drive my wife's Audi S5 convertible just about 95% of the trails we take.
      My Suzuki Quad has cost me $200 in Maintenance in the last three years.
      Dealer tells me I have a lemon and he knows guys with 3600km and spent $200 in maintenance...
      Just looking at what the general consensus is out there...Maybe my dealer is a crook!
      But Polaris has lost my business and I buy lots of toys.
    • By Travis
      E3 Spark plugs, the new strongest spark plug. I prefer my 95 cent NGK off of Amazon for my Mule,  Compared to E3 at 6.58. Find the cross reference for your off road vehicle here!
      http://e3sparkplugs.com/
    • By silverbullet
      silverbullet
      We will be open on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.If you need info or order a part just call.  928 344 2118
      Rich

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Waleygator
      New machine, tilt wheel won't "tilt" and I don't want to force anything.  Owner's manual says to pull pin, adjust, release pin in desired position.  I can feel the pin moving, but wheel won't lower.  Any suggestions instead of taking it all the way back to the dealer?  Thanks in advance...
    • By Chesterl35
      Hi I just bought a 2020 tracker 800sx crew and looking for a lift kit. It's an identical twin of the 2019 Textron prowler pro crew. It has decent ground clearance at around 11 inches but with the long wheel base of the crew it tends to drag it's belly a good bit. I'll probably end up making one but just seeing if anyone has seen anything yet. Thanks