Quantcast

About how much voltage should I expect to see while the battery is charging at idle? I just replaced the battery, and I checked the charging system. It showed 14.4 volts while idling, and I just want to be sure that the battery is being properly charged. 

Thanks 

14.4 is plenty. usually as long as your at least 13 volts it idle, you're good.

as a B&S Tech i know says, "the alternator is made for maintaining, not charging a dead battery"

Thanks. I am hoping I don't have a problem elsewhere, since I hooked up the battery as soon as I got home, and it was difficult to get started. I did some research, and found that I should have charged it before I installed it. So, it's being charged right now. I hope that's all that's wrong. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TimMassimo
      Hello. I have a 2017 Massimo 700-5. I have recently had the head gasket replaced with the head and base machines, all gaskets, valve seals, piston rings and a coolant flush. I drove it for about a total of two hours at different times and days and now the coolant is not reaching the head when it is running. I have tried to bleed it by jacking up the front end using the top screw in the water pump screw and get all the air out. After I run it for a few minutes the coolant get stuck in the radiator and it won’t circulate back to the head as it should.  Has anyone run into this? I’m not sure if there’s air in the system or the water pump does not work?  
    • By T-boss 410
      First, understand that my T-boss 410 doesn't move very often, since I don't yet have a trailer and no trails nearby. So I occasionally go out and start it, let it idle, and take a ride around my property. This time, the battery was all but dead, so I put it on a charger. It showed a full charge after a few hours, so I reinstalled it in the UTV, and attempted to start it again. It acted as though it was almost dead, as before. I hooked up the charger and jump started it, which took several tries. It's the stock battery, but the unit only has 14.5 hours on it. I purchased it in an auction on Ebay back in December of last year. It was a floor model. Everything seems in good working order. Could I have a bad cell in the battery? How can I test for that?
      Thanks!
    • By David Trost
      Interesting problem.   My Massimo runs great - but when the fuel level drops just a bit, it just stops.    It restarts easily, but I have to keep my foot on the accelerator pedal.   When I top it off with gas, it again runs fine.   I already replaced the fuel pump, but that didn't work.
      Thanks for your help!
    • By Roxann O'Rourke
      Hello all -
      I am in need of some help. My 2021 buck 60v is not charging. I have no owners manual or service manual. I can’t even find it online to purchase. (Does anyone have one they can share?)  I am having electrical issues, it’s not appearing to charge even after being plugged in for over 12 hrs. Any ideas?  Thanks. 
    • By Kyle
      Hey guys, looking to get some insight on my issue, my hisun 800 sxs runs now that I replaced the crankshaft position sensor however it won't run unless I have the throttle Down like 4000 rpm!, it will idle down but it won't stay running at all as soon as it drops to 3000 RPM it just dies almost like you're turning the key off. I have good compression I just adjusted the valves. Any help is much appreciated thanks.