Quantcast

2019 Coleman Outfitter (Hisun) 550 Code Reader

1 minute ago, Randy Stevens said:

Wow, this is another obstacle that may hit me one day? Mine is a 2019 too and was brand new when  I bought it, 30 days later it was in shop for a month, they said it was a drivers side seat belt safety issue, I was told that they replaced the seat belt assembly and that cured the problem, come to find out, they did not replace anything.  I returned to dealer to look at their work order on it and surprisingly they lost that work order. In other words.., they lied. Took it to a local mechanic and he fixed it within an hour. Clogged injector, blew it out and it ran great for about a month, then same issue, I pulled injector, blew out the port and injector and runs great again for about another month, called  local mechanic for any advice and he told me to run premium fuel, higher octane and see if that helps,  that was several months ago and it’s been running flawlessly so far! Sounds like you having same issues, might try higher octane and see if it helps???  

Fortunately, I have a gas station a few miles from house that sells no-ethenol fuel and I run nothing but premium in all my vehicles. I have the two injectors I replaced and plan to bring to the guy that cleans and tests my injectors for my Yamaha outboard. He provides a graph chart on the testing each time. It may be that we just have to keep a stock of injectors handy :(

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aren't fault codes (if found), automatically displayed on the dashboard? Typically with other models, it'll blink a sequence to the dashboard clock, that's then decoded to provide the coresponding cod

Wow, this is another obstacle that may hit me one day? Mine is a 2019 too and was brand new when  I bought it, 30 days later it was in shop for a month, they said it was a drivers side seat belt safet

Tiny Scan makes one.  I think it’s TS 301?

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Tejun said:

Fortunately, I have a gas station a few miles from house that sells no-ethenol fuel and I run nothing but premium in all my vehicles. I have the two injectors I replaced and plan to bring to the guy that cleans and tests my injectors for my Yamaha outboard. He provides a graph chart on the testing each time. It may be that we just have to keep a stock of injectors handy

Great idea, if those injectors are that prone to getting clogged. Maybe someone should look into getting an aftermarket injector. Then post their results here.

• 2 months later...

I have the TS 301 scanner and it does connect to the diagnostic connector found under the engine cover under the seat, but it does not have the soft ware to read the codes on the coleman 550 delphi computer. If Digital Technology ever gets the software I will try to get it

On 12/4/2020 at 7:43 PM, kenfain said:

Aren't fault codes (if found), automatically displayed on the dashboard? Typically with other models, it'll blink a sequence to the dashboard clock, that's then decoded to provide the coresponding code. 

But even if you find a code reader, I'd be surprised to see an OBD2 port. More likely it's a Delphi. 

My 2020 Coleman Outfitter 400 claims to do this (though I've not had any problems to test it).

It's a pretty complete list (from the service manual):

FaultCodes-0.jpg