Quantcast

Sprayer electrical hookup on a 2021 Ranger XP1000

3 minutes ago, bth4430 said:

I know that I am thinking of a pigtail, with an online switch, to quickly un hook the cord and remove the sprayer quickly.

That's the way mine is hooked up. I rarely carry the sprayer anymore. But it uses the same plug as on my battery maintainer. So I plug that in through the sprayer plug every day. And with it there in the back, I'll always have 12v fused access to power. Handy for utility lights too.

Keep meaning to instal a fuse block though. If I add one more thing to the electrical system, I won't have any choice. My battery terminal is maxed out. 

1 hour ago, bth4430 said:

Thanks that is what I was looking for.  Those plugs, are they common or polaris prioritised?

The one on the more popular battery maintainer. At least the ones that I've seen, are the two pronged flat plug. Commonly sold at any auto parts. 

You can buy a decent harness, already wired with ring terminals, and a fuse. It's the harness sold by the battery tender types, as an accessory. They have em at Wallyworld, in the automotive battery section. Or the motorcycle section. 

27 minutes ago, bth4430 said:

Thanks you saved me some. Searching!

I put an inline switch in the  circuit, mounted behind the seat. So I'd have a good way to cut power instantly. Without having to pull the plug, I just reach back and throw the switch. Handy for portable lighting too. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dalem
      Earlier this year my battery was weak and I had to boost my mule to start it then I decided to remove the battery to check the fluid level which was very low, I set the levels and recharged the battery a few months later it did the same thing, so I had to boost it again then checked the voltage running was getting around 16 vdc ( which is too high) and fluid level was very low again and wouldn't hold a charge. Note: The battery was maybe 1-1/2 years old. Then I replaced the battery and checked the voltage running nothing changed I was only reading battery voltage it wouldn't increase with increased engine speed. I changed the voltage regulator with an aftermarket  one, same thing not charging. I checked the alternator per the service manual which states .3 ohms or less it checks at .2 ohms and not shorted to ground. With the engine running I disconnected the alternator and it had around 22 vac idling and around 60 vac revving the engine, so I figured the regulator was bad so I replaced it with another new one (aftermarket) from a different company, again not charging only reading  battery voltage. I did put the original voltage regulator on nothing changed still not charging. Using the manual wiring diagram did continuity checks going to the voltage regulator everything checks out OK. Now what am I missing?
    • By Abner
      Hi all, I am looking for a workhorse UTV.  We have some very steep trails, so I want engine breaking in addition to mechanical brakes.  Do the CV transmissions engine break?  In my case, if the transmission failed or freewheeled and the mechanical breaks failed this could be life or death.  Also, I'd like to have a locking front differential. Turning is not really an issue, but there are some straight line situations where I might need it to get a load moving.  Any transmissions or machines you can recommend?  Thanks, Abner
    • By cliffyk
      Made this today:

It's a tow-bar/eye for the front end:
      The frame had the perfect place to mount such a thing,--a nice flat-faced robust crossbar with two 10 mm captive nuts:

So I used an 11' long piece of 2"x2"x1/4'hot roll angle iron to make a bolt-on towing eye (also good anchor point if using a snatch block for a double-line pull.
      Painted up and installed:

Haven't used it yet but per my calculations it should be good to 12,000 to 15,000 lbs.

• By JeraldWTulsa
      Can someone tell me why the price of 8 volt batteries are high.? You can buy 12 volt trolling motor batteries for half the price of Golf Cart batteries. Also why do they use 8volt  instead of 12 volt? Can you just replace six 8 volt with 4 12 volt ?
    • By TimMassimo
      Hello. I have a 2017 Massimo 700-5. I have recently had the head gasket replaced with the head and base machines, all gaskets, valve seals, piston rings and a coolant flush. I drove it for about a total of two hours at different times and days and now the coolant is not reaching the head when it is running. I have tried to bleed it by jacking up the front end using the top screw in the water pump screw and get all the air out. After I run it for a few minutes the coolant get stuck in the radiator and it won’t circulate back to the head as it should.  Has anyone run into this? I’m not sure if there’s air in the system or the water pump does not work?  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By utvwolfpack
      We don't get very many rainy days in sunny SoCal, but when does rain we make sure we go play in the mud!
      Here is a #throwback video of us putting our XP1000's to the test:
      https://youtu.be/VFNbtnuzhsg
      Share some pictures and videos of your toys getting muddy!
    • By utvwolfpack
      Recently we added a bunch of new signature RZR parts to our parts line! We now have over 35 Signature Wolfpack Racing and Recreational Aftermarket parts to chose from, as well as Wheels and Tires, Race Cages, and Racing Axles from the best in the business! Check us out at wolfpackparts.com, and we appreciate the support!
      Wolfpackparts.com
      Facebook.com/UTVWolfpack
      Twitter/Instagram @UTVWolfpack
    • By utvwolfpack
      I have one left 2013 Polaris xp900 vehicle for sale that are fully built ready to race or
play in the dirt. These vehicles were built and designed to run Lucas Oil races and the
Worcs racing events. They are completely legal and ready to drive straight from the shop.
Vehicle has been prepped and ready for the next race. These vehicles include all the stock
parts that came with the car originally. But aftermarket they have full cage from front to
back,Aluminum dash,bed eliminator kit,roof,sides,Big gun custom exhuast,Fox
Shocks,mastercraft seats,pro armor harness,hiper double beadlocks,tires race on 4
times,window net,front bumper,nerf bars,Kryptonite led bar on front bumper this car has
low hours roughly 17hours and is ready to race the 2014 season. This vehicle can be used
for personal use as well. Save time and money buy these already set up machines. $14,995
this is a deal these have been selling race ready done for a lot more. I need to make room
in my shop. call anytime 714-883-117one Jason

• By utvwolfpack
      I have one left 2013 Polaris xp900 vehicle for sale that are fully built ready to race or
play in the dirt. These vehicles were built and designed to run Lucas Oil races and the
Worcs racing events. They are completely legal and ready to drive straight from the shop.
Vehicle has been prepped and ready for the next race. These vehicles include all the stock
parts that came with the car originally. But aftermarket they have full cage from front to
back,Aluminum dash,bed eliminator kit,roof,sides,Big gun custom exhuast,Fox
Shocks,mastercraft seats,pro armor harness,hiper double beadlocks,tires race on 4
times,window net,front bumper,nerf bars,Kryptonite led bar on front bumper this car has
low hours roughly 17hours and is ready to race the 2014 season. This vehicle can be used
for personal use as well. Save time and money buy these already set up machines. $14,995
this is a deal these have been selling race ready done for a lot more. I need to make room
in my shop. call anytime 714-883-117one Jason

• By utvwolfpack
      This is a new video we did on our new Rockstar UTV Wolfpack Edition Arms Kit for the XP900 and XP1K. Check it out and let us know what you think!

UTVWolfpack.com
      Twitter @utvwolfpack
      Instagram @utvwolfpack
      Facebook.com/utvwolfpack