Quantcast

expanded under seat storage

Guest Lenny

I thought I would post what I did to the storage under the drivers seat. As you know, the little box doesn't hold much. This mod increases the space by probably 3 to 4 times. Basicly all I did was to remove the existing box and add an aluminum panel to close the open side torwards the vehicle center covering the driveshaft area. There are already panels in place on the front and rear of the enclosed area, and the outside side uses the inside of the lower rocker panel body peice as its side wall. Also, the floor is already there being the underside protective covering. I had put fairly dense foam between the 2 curved pipes behind the rocker panel, caulked all seams, added a peice of carpet and put foam seal strips to seal against the underside of the seat.

I've included pics. There is a pic for each inside corner and an overall view from standing behind the opened drivers seat. It looks a little rough and dirty in the pictures. That is because when I brought it in for new driveshafts, they had to remove the floor panel and the panel I added. This broke loose all my caulking and made my paint job look nasty. Before they did that, It sealed quite well without dirt getting in. You just have to caulk it good and get all the gaps.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24833...104282158TVJWLJ

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/29111...104282158EYmdcr

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/20706...104282158onHXfI

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24034...104282158kFIBYn

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24785...104282158WzeFjI

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paul409
      Have a Hisun 750 only 700hrs 21 model. Never had issues went to start it and there's a clicking sound under the seat I'm assuming it's the started relay. I for the life of me cannot find the starter, is there a way to test the relay. 
      Thank for any support 
    • By Kingfish
      I've had a battery failure and need one replacement.  The local distributor told me it might take up to four weeks to get one.  I'd like to order one in sooner than that if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • By mcraigchr
      I realize that many of you do not have diesel machines.  For those that do, this is for you:
      Just wanted to post my experience this past week.  Here in Texas, we had pretty good dip in temps.  For 4 days it did not get above 25.  At night, it was single digits or close to it.  I always put Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer in the storage tank (30 gallon).  And up until this tank I was using Power Service (white bottle) for anti-gel.  Never had an issue.
      This tank, however, I switched to Stabil All season (anti gel).  It is supposed to good down to -40.  Zap.  That is a big fat lie.  I put in twice the amount called for in the instructions.  Result was less than optimal.  I drove the SxS 100 feet (to go get the mail) and it died.  I looked at the fuel bowl and it was a cloudy, wax substance.  So, the Stabil did not work.  That said, I'm not sure that I ever tested the Power Service in the same manner.  So I am not saying that one is better than the other.
      What are your experiences?  Are these products inferior?  What do you folks in the northern states / Canada use?  Am I missing something?
      CC
    • By Hector
      Hello all,
      I got a 2009 T2 and found the wiring on the fuse box that holds the fuel pump and ecu power had a short and was not wired correctly. I wanted to see if anyone could provide a picture of the back of theirs so i can see how it is wired 
      thank you
    • By lozomex
      After a few days of heavy rainfall I got in my Sidekick and noticed that the belt seemed to be slipping as I was making my way out on a large property.  I turned around and could barely make it back to my shop.  After removing the cowelling I noticed about a quart of water drained out.  I dried the area, the cover and checked the belt.  No signs of dammage, belt looks great and no foreign debris other than water in the area.  I put it back together and there was a definite improvement.  The Sidekick is driveable now but the belt still slips but only at a higher speed and only when the throttle is punched.  I'm wondering whether I may have inadvertently damaged it while it was wet and have ordered a new belt.  I have looked on line to see if there is a guide or procedure, specifically for the CVT belt removal and replacement for the 850 but can find none.  Does anyone have experience with this?