Quantcast

2017 KYMCO 450i SxS Engine problem?

Machine has a clatter / rattle at start-up, lacks power and doesn't run very well.  A mechanic I talked with has just repaired another KYMCO with similar symptoms and the cam shaft had a flat lobe. Anyone else have or know of this soft cam issue?  Getting parts right now is also a problem.

i would pull the valve cover and check the valve clearance .. if there is a flat cam lobe, the valve clearance will be excess... unless this uses a Over head cam engine.

The cam follower's "slipper pad" was the problem in some units I worked on.  The cam was ground square but the rubbing pad mating surface was NOT parallel .  Result was the valve spec gap went from zero on one side to excessive on the opposite side.   Think of a well abused grinding wheel before truing it back up.  High contact pressure OR a lubrication problem failure.  Check head for blocked oil passages.  Seen silicone sealant "goobers" from previous repairs get  chopped up in the oil pump only to block off oil passages.  Check for above.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dukhntr
      I have a 2017 500 Massimo that is weak like will not spin a tire in a good mud hole. Does anyone know how to boost power. A friend told me of a chip to bypass emissions.  Has anyone tried the chip or have a suggestion.  Thanks in advance. 
    • By ChrisInIrvine
      We have loved this rack! Makes it so easy to carry our Kawasaki Teryx4 on top of the truck, allowing for us to still use the truck bed and tow our trailer! Only purchased last summer. Perfect condition. We are selling the Teryx, so don't need the rack anymore.

Please contact me for more information and better pictures!

Details below:

Alpine Designs
      ALPINE SUPER RACK
      The new truck bed mounted UTV transport system eliminates the need for towing a trailer and frees you from being confined to lower "towing speeds".
      Our Racks feature an all aluminum construction, cut and formed from T6 & 5052 aircraft grade aluminum to keep the rack light but very strong. 10.5 ft 2 piece 18'' wide folding ramps provide a stable and safe loading and unloading platform. Our "safe lock" ramp locks give you the piece of mind knowing that your ramps will not slip or move in any direction while you load and unload your UTV.
      -FLAT DECK-
      (CUSTOM MADE for LONG BED TRUCK)
      -94” long and 46” wide box fits perfectly in a 8’ bed and between the wheel wells
      -capable of hauling 2 seat and short 4 seat (e.g., Kawasaki Teryx4) UTVs
      -width 82''
      -length 112'' (allows enough space to tow a trailer while rack is in use on most towing situations)
      -ramps unfold to 10’ (allows for plenty of runway to maneuver your UTV up and down)
      -ample room for storage in the truck bed!

• By Dabadoo
      So I have a new(ish) 2020 Coleman outfitter 550. It came from TSC with 10hrs and needed some work. After changing the choke solenoid, spark plug, fuel injector and battery, it ran great!  However after a hard rain storm, I went out to start it and the dash lit up as normal but there was nothing from the engine. I heard what I think was the starter click but nothing after that. I ordered a new starter just in case, but does anyone have any other idea of what it could be?  I assume something that should not have gotten wet, got wet but I have no clue as to what. I also checked the fuses, and nothing blew. 
    • By Rustynutzz
      I was wondering if anyone has plated one of these machines in any state.  I'm in FL and am going to try to plate my T-Boss 550x Golf.  Talked to a State Trooper who said it's absolutely plateable the way it sits and also talked to my insurance company and they said the same.  I'm not sure what they will consider this type of machine, a golf cart or low speed vehicle.  Their are different stipulations for both.  I'll keep this thread updated once I get an inspection.

• OEM Parts at Aftermarket Prices
    • By david barry
      My hisun e wont start it just beeps when iturn it on
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Larry Bouissey
      I have a 2015 Kymco 450 UXV with a moose plow on it. My problem is that the plow frame at the push plate drags on the ground. I have already moved all 4 shocks to the lower holes on the frame. But it still drags. I’d like another 2-3 inches. I cannot find an aftermarket lift kit. Any suggestions?
      thanks for any help.
    • By Travis
      For 2018 KYMCO USA has introduced its new Hunter Edition family of off-road vehicles, which consists of three models – the UXV 450i LE Hunter, UXV 700i LE Hunter and MXU 700i LE Hunter.
      We’ve seen all of these machines before with the Hunter Edition branding, so they’re not exactly all new. However, what is new is KYMCO offering packages for its ATVs and UTVs specifically for hunters. ATVs and UTVs are a common sight at most hunt camps, so it’s not surprising to see KYMCO turning its attention to this market. Having an ATV or UTV on hand to haul out a hog or a deer, or just carry supplies to set up a food plot can be hugely helpful.
      So what do the Hunter Edition vehicles have to offer? Let’s have a look.
      Read more Here