Quantcast

My son has a Big Horn 400 Explorer UTV that won't start.  He pulled the fuel line off after the filter and there was fuel flowing.  The spark is good.  He said before it quit it would start to bog down when he drove it up an incline.  The plug was dry.  We tried to pour a little gas into the carb but it may not have been enough.  We sprayed starting fluid into the cylinder and it still didn't start.  It didn't sound like it even tried to fire.  Fuses look good.  It is a 2020 model we bought last November so the carb shouldn't have any gas gelled to plug it up.  I think the next think I'm going to check is the compression just for giggles, shits and grins.  Any suggestions what else to do next?  Thanks.  Bob

• Bob Williams changed the title to Big Horn 400 Explorer won't start

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By oakhill
      I purchased a 2015 Hisun HS500 UTV used, and the only thing wrong with it is the fuel gauge does not work.  When the fuel pump is in the tank, the gauge always reads empty.  When I remove the fuel pump from the tank and manually move the float, the gauge works as it should.  When the fuel pump is in the tank, it sounds like the float is hitting something in the tank.  I checked the tank and there seems to be no obstructions in the tank.  I figured the float arm was too long so I cut 1" off the length of the rod and reconfigured the float.  I put it back in and the same thing happens:  the gauge shows "empty".  I have made sure the fuel pump is in the proper direction with the inlets pointing toward the driver side and the electrical connection is pointing toward the front of the vehicle.   We don't have a Hisun dealer locally and all the dealers away from here, including the plant in Texas, have no suggestions other than what I've tried.  Please help.
    • By Lance Darbonne
      Massimo 500 wont start.  Pulled the injector and when i turn the key it sprays a lot of fuel, but the spark plug is dry.  What would be my next step?  Valve adjustment?
    • By David martin
      Does anyone know of a generic cable that will fit? Massimo do not stock parts for this model, they sold me it last year new , now inform me they carry no parts! Crazy bad customer service. Anyhow I got Boss order in but it's back ordered. Buck is parked up untill I can either find a cable that will fit from another make, or have one made or wait until part is available a Boss. Anyone? 
    • By MassBuck400
      I purchased this Buck 400 last year and having a few issues. Maybe some members have had these and fixed them.
      Here are my current issues with the B400. 1. Starting has become a challenge. Not the actual starting of the engine but to keep it running. When I turn the key, it starts up but as soon as I let go of the key and it turns back, the 400 dies. I have learned if I hold the key for a few seconds it will remain running.  Not a clue as to what would cause this or how to fix it? 2. This thing  is very hard to get in gear now. It grinds a lot before it goes in gear. Maybe the clutch needs adjusting? 3. I jerks a lot on take off. This could also be the clutch?   Any help would be appreciated.   
    • OEM Parts at Aftermarket Prices
    • By Steve Hunt
      Never owned a UTV need for very hilly terrain on road and off. Will get moderate use. Hoping for a comfortable reliable vehicle,  good mix of function between work and play. speed not important. Considering Pioneer 700-4   Teryx 4 person  Found good deal on 2018 Maverick Mx XMR? Any input on these vehicles is MUCH appreciated