Quantcast
Jump to content

Hard to shift 2020 Tracker 800sx


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

My 2020 800SX LE has only 70 miles on it (purchased new June 2020) also shifts hard most times and seems to “pop” into H or R when first starting out from Park (as the engine RPMs rev up).

The Dealer and their Service Manager both told me this is a common complaint from Customers but does Not necessarily indicate a problem .   According to their Service Dept. - it takes the  engine must rpms to “rev up” slightly before it will shift into gear, I usually just use a very light foot on the gas pedal and bring the rpms up slowly to minimize the jerking into gear.....it then always runs smooth while driving at any speed.  Since I only have 70 miles on it - too soon to tell if this will become a problem, it is annoying but otherwise everything else has been great and especially the ride:  smooth, quiet, on road or off.  Acceleration seems a bit slow for an 812cc 50hp engine but didn’t buy it to race.  Interested in what others think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 2coil Fox said:

My 2020 800SX LE has only 70 miles on it (purchased new June 2020) also shifts hard most times and seems to “pop” into H or R when first starting out from Park (as the engine RPMs rev up).

The Dealer and their Service Manager both told me this is a common complaint from Customers but does Not necessarily indicate a problem .   According to their Service Dept. - it takes the  engine must rpms to “rev up” slightly before it will shift into gear, I usually just use a very light foot on the gas pedal and bring the rpms up slowly to minimize the jerking into gear.....it then always runs smooth while driving at any speed.  Since I only have 70 miles on it - too soon to tell if this will become a problem, it is annoying but otherwise everything else has been great and especially the ride:  smooth, quiet, on road or off.  Acceleration seems a bit slow for an 812cc 50hp engine but didn’t buy it to race.  Interested in what others think?

My problem is different and is being serviced at Cabelas as we speak. When I put my 800 into low and go for a drive and then stop, it won't come out of the low position, except with brute force or by shutting off the engine. What you describe is a little annoying, but I can live with it. I would suggest that everyone buy at least some of the extended warranty offered (I bought 48 months extended), it will probably pay for itself. Cabelas has had my 800 for over a week now, I'll keep you posted on the clutch repair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Tracker 800SX out of the Cabelas' Tracker Off Road shop on Setember 27, about 10 days start to finish.  If I did not have an extended warranty, the new clutch would be $720.00,  labor to install the new clutch would be $220.00 and the 8% Ohio sales tax would be $75.20, total of $1015.20  My bill of course was 0.00.  I would suggest again that you consider an extended warranty offered by Bass Pro/Cabelas if you are purchasing one of their off road machines.

myfirsttracker800sx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any “extended” warranty purchase is always a gamble (the $$$ up front vs likelihood it’s ever needed) but yours certainly paid for itself...even if you never use it again, you broke even.  The manufacturer warranty s 18 months - would that have covered your repair?

in the long run the $$ spent on extended warrenty’s Is a profit maker for the Warranty seller and I struggle with buying one or not.  $900 up front for a 4 yr warranty - beyond the 18 months that comes with it.  Because these UTVs are relatively new might be a reason for me to consider it.?  Undecided

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, 2coil Fox said:

Any “extended” warranty purchase is always a gamble (the $$$ up front vs likelihood it’s ever needed) but yours certainly paid for itself...even if you never use it again, you broke even.  The manufacturer warranty s 18 months - would that have covered your repair?

in the long run the $$ spent on extended warrenty’s Is a profit maker for the Warranty seller and I struggle with buying one or not.  $900 up front for a 4 yr warranty - beyond the 18 months that comes with it.  Because these UTVs are relatively new might be a reason for me to consider it.?  Undecided

My 18 month warrany expired in June 2021.  I would highly recommend an extended warranty just because it is a new machine, from the ground up, only since 2019, I believe.  I NEVER buy warranty extensions on "been around for ever" products,  such as cars, appliances, TVs and so on ...  Tracker off road won't disclose very much about break downs, but they did tell me they have had clutch issues.  And the clutch they put in my 800 this time has had no new refinements/up grades from the original,  so it could break again.  I have 265 miles and 72 hours on my 800.

myfirsttracker800sx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, myfirst tracker800sx said:

My 18 month warrany expired in June 2021.  I would highly recommend an extended warranty just because it is a new machine, from the ground up, only since 2019, I believe.  I NEVER buy warranty extensions on "been around for ever" products,  such as cars, appliances, TVs and so on ...  Tracker off road won't disclose very much about break downs, but they did tell me they have had clutch issues.  And the clutch they put in my 800 this time has had no new refinements/up grades from the original,  so it could break again.  I have 265 miles and 72 hours on my 800.

myfirsttracker800sx

Yep, agree and after careful thought decided to purchase the 48 month Extended Warranty/$1099...   Called Dealer, left message, then emailed, No returned call.  Called again and finally reached Sales person  who then told me “Your 4 days past the 90 days allowed to buy the extended warranty”.  When I told him I left messages weeks ago - no response? Also reminded him that I was told I’d get emails offering the warranty before the 90 day window expires - but Never did, he had no response.  The  Dealer said they Never are allowed exceptions but I could call Bass Pro Customer Service if I wanted to.  I did, went to a Cabelas in Northern VA in person and they are currently “looking into”.  Since I purchased my 800sx from an authorized Tracker Off Road Dealer (in Southern VA) and Not a Bass Pro or  Cabelas - figured I have a better chance dealing directly with Bass Pro vs franchise dealer"we’ll see how it goes but NOT happy so far.   I’m Not optimistic that Bass Pro will correct this matter but maybe it’s for the best....and will save me the $1100 for an extended warranty that I should never need.  Surprised they are not more aggressive pushing these warranties because they are Big $$$ makers for the Dealer & Warranty provider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, myfirst tracker800sx said:

I have a 2020 Tracker 800sx with about 60 hours on it. It has been shifting very hard the past few months.  When I shut the engine off it shifts just like it should, but with the engine running, it takes quite a bit of force to take it out of low back to neutraL.

Does anyone know the cure?

Thank you in advance.

I thinks is bullshit that we have to buy a extended warranty due to a on going issue with the junk we bought... I only have 47 miles on my and had to replace the shift cable due to it broke while trying to shift into park... very disappointing for the the money... I am currently in the process of purchasing a REAL utv can am... get out while you can the thing is a canser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...