Quantcast

Got 'ol Red roofed in....

No more tarping her everytime it rains.......

4 4X4X8's, i wanted to use 10 footers, but Lowe's was fresh out so i tamped in 8 footers..., 2 12 foot 2x4's, and 4 2x4's.... i plan on adding some corner braces to help with any sagging that might occur.988549230_20211005_1057301.thumb.jpg.ddd8ada818859f5660f93dce131366fc.jpg597127868_20211005_1734311.thumb.jpg.1ea0810023a25cffe416fbdbb86723fe.jpg

20211005_105730[1].jpg

Storms, and high winds are expected tonight. Looks like your project will see its first test. I hope you tamped those posts in good and solid. We'd hate to hear the wind got some catastrophic lift underneath it.

I probably would've used post anchors, set in concrete. But that would've been more about keeping the headroom, that's sacrificed by setting the posts in the ground. 

• Like 1

What im thinking about doing is waiting until Lowe's gets some 10, footers back in stock (they told me they didn't know how long it would be) and get 4 of em, I can use the front end loader on the tractor to support a corner at a time, take the 8 footer out, dig down two more feet and get it the same height as the previous 4x4, just deeper in the ground= sturdier.

You should look into pricing the 4×4 concrete anchors. Four of those, and a few bags of concrete might be cheaper, considering lumber prices these days. It serves the added purpose of keeping the posts up out of the dirt. 

• Like 1