Quantcast

How about a 1st annual Trooper Jamboree

Guest Lenny

First off the week-end was great! However on Friday we got to the trails the first thing we did was get our truck and 29 foot trailer stuck in the sand! Lucky for us we had Lenny there to save the day! Who would have thought that a T2 could pull a truck and a trailer, but pull it, it did and with plenty to spare. Thanks again Lenny.

Everyone got ready for our first ride and off we headed, all excited. We got almost 100 yards from the trailer when we heard a load thump, yes its true the rear driveline u-joint broke on the T4. We got it back to the trailer only to find out we couldn't get the trailer hooked up, the truck started sinking in what we had thought was firm ground. We got the truck out under its own power but the T2 was called back into service to pull the trailer to the road and then it pulled the T4 to the trailer. We loaded the T4 into the trailer and headed back home to pickup the two Sportsman ATV's.

Finally we got back to camp and headed out on a late afternoon ride with Rocmoc and his wife. The area is fun to ride with different terrain sand, rock and desert trails all in one area so you can ride whatever you enjoy. On Saturday morning we met early to go and have some fun and we had alot of fun. By afternoon it was getting hot so we headed back to camp and sat under the awning chatting for awhile. Kinarfi let the guys drive his Trooper with his power stering, it's a great add on.

On Sunday we again got together early and started off with the Troopers doing some rock climbing, they can really climb! Then we went on a ride across the dunes and then up into the desert before heading back to break camp as we parted ways.

It was great to get to know everyone face to face. We are already looking forward to our next Trooper Jamboree!

Is it time to start planning yet?

George and Cinda

post-103-1242013385_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013425_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013441_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013459_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013478_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013502_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013520_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013533_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013555_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013569_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013599_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013627_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013654_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013682_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013731_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013762_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013798_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013829_thumb.jpg

post-103-1242013839_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the pics it looks great I finally got to put a few faces with the rides I know so well. I wish we could have been there It sounds like a great time. Sorry to here about the T4 but I hope you had a good time on the quads. Cant wait for more pics and some video. So where are we going next year?

Drove straight thu to Moab and we are now holding up at the Moab KOA. Two days of relaxing before we hit the slickrock. Had a great time meeting everyone at the first Jamboree and had fun letting our Trooper play with their Troopers. What a bunch of desert rats, it was a little warm! Can't do pics until we get home, the KOA Wifi is a half step better than dialup, SLOW!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Things I learned:

1. Lenny is like a mad professor...He can't leave anything "stock"...And likes going "extreme"..

2. Rocmoc was being careful due to being committed to another week long rally in Moab......But he has extensive experiance "hustling" vehicles off road and on....

3. Kinarfi is "mad professor#2"......Between him and Lenny, their Troopers are outfitted for the Baja 1000...

4. Paiute3 are the kind of people you want on your side...They didn't let anything get them down...

5. The Troopers ran great all weekend with one casualty taken down by a known problem that I hope Joyner takes care of the right way....

6. I was only one with a "stock" Trooper (not for long I hope)...

7. Light truck tires in both 14" and 15" wheel size worked great in all the different terrain we ran....(No mud report here!!!)

8. 30" tires look awesum....27" tires don't require any massaging to work....

9. rocmoc has the "stealth" muffler setup....

10. I wanna do this again.....When it's cooler...

Love the pics it looks great I finally got to put a few faces with the rides I know so well. I wish we could have been there It sounds like a great time. Sorry to here about the T4 but I hope you had a good time on the quads. Cant wait for more pics and some video. So where are we going next year?

We had a great time. We talked about the week-end the entire way home. Sorry I didn't get more pictures, we were having to much fun.

Rocmoc have a wonderful time in Moab, we can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories.

Sounds like you all had a blast. Thanks for the report and pics. Sorry to hear about the driveshaft Cinda and George but it sounds as if it didn't get you down too much. Did 8 turn up plus any dealers in the end? If not, something to work on next year. I get the feeling it could be ten fold for the next one so the 1st Jamboree will always be more personal for you all. showa, it's a funny old world, I'm down here wishing it was warmer and drier. It's turned to custard weather wise in NZ with driving rain, thunder storms, tornados, huge water spouts, hail, snow about 3 hours south of Auckland and cold, cold, miserable cold damp wet wind. Give me some of that hot dry weather any day. I know, grass is greener syndrome. Can't wait to see the other photos or possible any videos.

Cheers Mike

Guest Lenny

Good trip and a absolutely great bunch of new friends. We all were able to test our Troopers in a wide range of terrain from open trails, sandy trails, up and down knobby sandy rolley polley stuff, washes, short and long intiminating climbs, rocky sections and gnarlly rock climbs. We did most of the area trails and many of its challenges. There were some rock sections that only huge tire jeeps could do but only because they have more clearance otherwise we would have licked them too. It was hot but the commerodery was great. Mornings and evenings were really nice and this is when we did most of our riding. We got a chance ot be worthless and lazy during the hot part of the day so this wasn't a push push type outting. Cinda and George were regular Troopers themselves and never flinched when their t4 broke but just filled in with their ATV's and just continued smiling. By the way on a pretty intiminating hill, Cinda having taken a nasty crash with lots of injury on an ATV at another time, resisted her fear and went for it getting the fastest time on the hill of everybody. I think she realized that it was the ony way back from the dead end trail we were on. Showas stock Trooper climbed everything that everyone else did and doing a good job at that. When you see Kinarfi first off and see how well he busted himself up in his plane crash, you think, boy he will have to be carefull. Wrong! He doesn't hold back for anything. When I went up a potentually dangerous hill, I hoped he didn't follow. Looking back, here he was comming with his power steering in stability mode and both hands in the air cresting the top and laughing and his wife Linda recovering from a since of panic. Rocmoc stays conservative until a challenge confronts him then he comes out of his holdback state and goes into conquer mode. Don't under estimate him. He gets the job done with room to spare. His wife Rachele ( hope this is right ) smiling all the way. Rocmoc will make an excellent representive for Troopers in Moabs event. Can't wait to see how he does. I know there was some spots we went that you wouldn't want to take a Rhino or RZR. Not that they aren't nice machines, we are just wider and longer and thus more stable in steep situations. They have their advanatges in other areas. No bashing here.

Great time. We need to start to look at ideas for where to have the 2nd annual jamboree. Maybe if everyone throws in their best location idea, we can as a groop begin to zero into a spot. Once we have a location, then we can pick a time. It seams that southern warmer areas need to be earilier then May and norhthern mountain tree areas would work in warmer times except maybe Augest. I sort of started the Logandale location so i'm out of it this time. Sorry guys and gals, didn't mean to get everyone to a spot where someone was thinking of cooking a pie by laying in on the dash of their truck.

By the way, Showa hit it right on the nose. I've got a reputation of being a mad professor or is it being mad and thinking i'm a professor. Either way, I've been a product developer all my life and being mad makes it easier to challenge the accepted way of doing things. Yeah, I've been red faced many times from trying something even I know I shouldn't have tried. If you think I'm smart, take it back. If you throw a rock at something enough times, your bound to hit something once in a while. The real professor is my wife Jeanne who has figured out how to live with me all these years. Wow, did I ever get lucky with her.

Lenny and Jeanne

Had a great time, met some really great people and saw some great scenery! After the rides and visiting and fun, I headed for the Little Sahara Sand Dunes and Cherry Creek, but it got late so we stopped by my sister in law's place near Richfield for the night and the next morning, went for a ride in the Paiute Trails area and then went to the dunes, so that's why I have some kind of off subject photos, but it was all part of the a great trip.

We ended up with 5 couples, no dealers, :( no Team Joyner :blink::( , Just good folk. Saw rock climbing that inspired me to follow and it turned out not to be that hard, but in other places, I used better judgment :rolleyes::lol: Saw some beautiful desert scenery and lots and lots of Red Rocks, some petroglyphs, plants, very few animals.

As for the next get together, looking forward to it, but I'm hoping for something a little less south, say the Paiute Trails.

By the time I got home, I was pretty much wasted and just put every thing away haven't looked at it yet. The steering started messing up so I turned it off and realize that it works like a steering dampener, like mounting a shock absorber to the tie rod. It adds some resistance but is still completely functional. When I determine what was going wrong, I'll post it.

Another addition was my cruise control, I put it on for rock crawling so I could set the RPM to ~3000 and let it climb, but it didn't work very well in 1st gear, 2nd was sort of OK, 3rd, 4th and 5th works great and quite enjoyable, remember, I have a handicap so it may not be of any use to others, but I like it!

I changed my fuel line from pump to regulator from rubber to Polyurethane Ether Tubing and it seems that I'm very close to it's max pressure handling ability, sprung a tiny leak that sprayed gas all over and nearly ran me out of gas, had to cut the last inch off and reclamp, will be securing it and clamping it with aircraft safety wire from now on, 2 or 3 on each fitting.

Thanks for the pie, George and Cinda, ate it at the dunes, gooooood. I'm really happy to have met everyone, Paiute 3, Showa, and Rocmoc, already met Lenny, Great people!!!!!

Photos and Videos start with this one 2846734780104282158AbCtgy_th.jpg

Enjoy

Kinarfi

PS I have some .gpx files that can be opened in google earth to show where we went, down load these and then open google earth, then drag and drop the file onto the google screen.

The pictures are great. How was the trail conditions on the Paiute? We're looking forward to seeing you and Linda this summer up there. Lenny it's not to far for you guys to come up. We're there from June 14-22 and then every week-end until the end of August.

Cinda

• 2 weeks later...