Quantcast

2021 Coleman Outfitter 400

We've had this UTV for less than a month.  At the TSC store, the store mgr. showed us how to lift the bench seat to check oil, etc.  Since we got it home cannot get the seat to lift on driver's side.  The passenger's side lifts as designed but it is stuck down tight on driver's side.  NO idea what happened that might have caused this.  I called the Coleman Powersports toll free # asking for a warranty service provider on this and a couple other issues, and after exchanging a few emails w/ pix as requested, total silence from Coleman.  Any suggestions, that don't involve disassembling that side of the UTV to gain access to underneath the bench seat?

• 1 month later...

Val,

There is just a peg on either side of the seat that goes into a rubber grommets hole. Not sure how it could have gotten stuck. I would try pulling harder or more you can get a flat prybar in next to the peg (it's location is mirrored to the passenger side).

As far as checking the oil, I find it's easier to lift the bed. It's just a bit forward from there.

• Like 1

Thank you!  It's a great mystery to us that it got stuck.  My husband tried a flat prybar at the very beginning, and couldn't get it unstuck.  We haven't been able to raise the seat since the fella @ Tractor Supply showed us how to raise the seat.  He told us it was "easy"....  It was when he did it.  I sorta suspect that when he put it back down it got cattywompus somehow, just enough to keep it from working as designed.  Coleman has been less than no help on this issue.  Honestly knowing what we know now, we wouldn't recommend.....

That is very strange. You could try removing the rear part of the seat and see if that allows you more wiggle room to get the seat up. All I can think is something got bent.

To remove the back part of the seat is just a couple bolts into the roll cage on either side. They can be accessed from behind by raising the bed.

The seat bottom has two tabs in the rear that go into that and the two vertical pins. If the rear tabs didn't end up in the holes I wonder if it's binding just enough to not want to lift.

Thanks to your suggestions, my husband FOUND the source of our problem.  Turns out that one of the grommets has been laying in the bottom of the frame all this time--was never actually installed.  So that was enough to cause the bench seat to bind up.  He found and installed the grommet, and it is working as designed.  He checked the oil, which is fine, and we'll be moving on to getting her on a routine maintenance schedule.  Thank you SOOOO much!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.