Quantcast

Hisun Sector 750 EPS- Valve adjustment at 20 hours

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a couple people saying they found em out of spec from the factory. Just got my UTV recently and it's on my list here in the next couple weeks.

As far as tools should be easy: Allen wrench to pull the covers, 10mm box wrench for the lock nuts, a wrench for the adjuster, and a flat feeler gage set.

Pull the fan cover, pull the valve covers and spin it over check, and adjust as needed. The covers use an o-ring that should be reusable. Hardest part is going to be contorting my body to fit.

8 hours ago, aefron88 said:

I've read a couple people saying they found em out of spec from the factory. Just got my UTV recently and it's on my list here in the next couple weeks.

As far as tools should be easy: Allen wrench to pull the covers, 10mm box wrench for the lock nuts, a wrench for the adjuster, and a flat feeler gage set.

Pull the fan cover, pull the valve covers and spin it over check, and adjust as needed. The covers use an o-ring that should be reusable. Hardest part is going to be contorting my body to fit.

What size and make is you UTV? Also how many hours on it. Manual says check at 20 hours.

It's a coleman (hisun) 400. the engine/drivetrain & maine schedule seems to be identical to the 550/750s.

It's got a whole whopping 5 hrs on it. I had it for about 10 days before I had to go back to work on my ship. Be back home soon and planned on doing that and the first oil change in a couple more hours run time.

Makes total sense. It shouldn’t be a big deal to perform. I’m looking forward in doing it instead of having to trailer it to a dealer and renting a trailer. Not looking forward in being a contortionist to gain access and visually seeing the adjustment locations. A mirror will probably help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By aefron88
      Since I've seen some questions on this I took some pictures and will provide instructions on a valve adjustment for the UT400. This should be the same for the 550's and other various Coleman/Hisun single cylinder models with the cylinder slanted aft.
      I have seen several people ask of it is really necessary, and read several reports of valves being out of adjustment from the factory. My valves were .004" intake, and .010" exhaust with about 5 hrs on the machine.  I've seen different numbers thrown around for factory spec, but I decided to go with 0.005".
      This is called valve lash. What is is is a gap between the rocker arm and the valve then the camshaft isnt opening the valve. Why does it matter? If it's too large the valve doesn't open all the way, if it's too small the valve dosent close. This can cause valve damage (overheating) as well as loss of engine power (burned fuel is going out exhaust rather than pushing the piston dow).
      Tools required : 5MM Allen wrench, 10MM box wrench, needle nose pliers, flat feeler gauge set, rags
      First you need to remove the fan cover on the passenger side. There is a cooling vent hose on the back side, remove the hose clamp and slide it off. From there there are 4x 10mm bolts holding the cover. The forward ones can be accessed from under the seat.
      Next remove the spark plug from the drivers side. Carefully wiggle the spark plug wire off. Grip it as low as possible and give it a little twisting motion as you pull it off to help free it. Its a tight fit for a socket, but there is a sheet metal wrench in the toolkit that fits it. Unscrew the plug and set it aside. This allows you to spin the motor over freely with no compression to fight. When you reassemble this is a good opportunity to switch to an NGK iridium plug for better performance/less fouling DR8EIX)
      Next you need to remove the intake and exhaust valve covers. The intake us the forward one. There are 3x 5MM Allen screws to remove. The Exhaust is the rear with 2x 5MM Allen bolts. Both covers have O-Rings instead of gaskets and are reusable. When you remove the rear be careful and use your rags as there will be oil that drips out.
      Next up we need to spin the motor over to top dead center. Grab each rocker arm and give em a little wiggle up and down. Spin the engine over by grabbing the fan with your other hand. Spin the engine over until both rockers have some wiggle and are loose.

Once both rockers are loose slide the feeler gauge in like shown above. Try different feelers as needed to determine your starting spec. You should feel some drag but still be able to move the feeler without too much force.
      If you need to adjust, use the 10MM wrench to slightly loosen the locknut, then with the correct feeler gauge in place, tighten the top square nut while wiggling the feeler in and out. Once you have it right you need to tighten the 10mm lock nut without moving the square head bolt. Once the lock nut is tight recheck the clearance.
      That's it, button everything back up and make sure you have it all reassembled before running it again.
      If you find this helpful give me a thumbs up or comment. If you have any questions or need more help let me know. If there's interest maybe I'll do some more of these
    • By Kingfish
      I've had a battery failure and need one replacement.  The local distributor told me it might take up to four weeks to get one.  I'd like to order one in sooner than that if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Byron Johnson
      Does anyone have a had time starting there utv.
      I have a T-Boss 750 and I have had to put 2 starters in and put heavier wire to the starter but it still has a problem starting. it will turn over and than die before it wil turn over again. could it be that there is to much compression that might cause this problem

Thank you
    • By joe1
      I have a 2019 550  Coleman side by side and it is starting to be hard to crank in the mornings but when it's warmed up it runs fine it's changed plugs filters for the inline gas filter in checkers temperature sensors map sensors and don't know what it could be any help would be appreciated
    • By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/