Quantcast

Winch Problem

I have a  3500LB Winch that only runs in one direction.  Inward but not Out.  Replaced the solenoid module.  Makes "click" when I push the "Out" button and the motor tries to spool out but then stops and begins to "click".   Does anyone have suggestions what I should try next?       

• Like 1

2 switches installed.  The remote (tethered) and the dashboard toggle switches react both the same way.  Push "Out" and the motor attempts to start but stops and then it "clicks" .  

• Like 1

Go back and check your solenoid connections. With DC applications, motors, trailer lights, etc., a bad ground is very often the source of a malfunction and that can be a corroded connection.

Are you sure your battery is okay? Low voltage will cause a motor to activate and stop.

Take multimeter and go one step at a time to confirm, grounds, current flow and voltages when activated.

If both switches test to be good and the motor can be jumped to start, bypassing the switches... You need to go back to the solenoid. Even though NIB, it may still be bad.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By riggy400
      Bought a Coleman 400 UTV (pretty much a Hisun), the previous owner tried to replace the timing chain, couldn't time it properly and sold it to me. After some hours I figured out how the timing all is supposed to be set (I think/hope) and as I am reassembling, I noticed that the water pump gear was awfully hard to spin. I held the gear with my hand and spun off the impeller. I checked the bearing, spins great no obvious issues noticed other than this o-ring which seems to be out of place? When I remove this o-ring and reassemble the WP, it seems to spin nice and easy without a drag. I looked up the service manual (although very inaccurate info there often) and don't see this o-ring present. Am I missing something here or what? Any input? 
      This is not easy to access once the engine is back in the machine so would like to avoid having to deal with this if it becomes a problem.

• By Blaine
      Was wondering if anyone knows how to check a waterpump on a 2013 arctic cat prowler 1000 XTZ My cat overheated  and I was not working it that hard Have checked for antifreeze in oil in case it was a head gasket but its clean 
      Next step will be to check pump and thermostat I know how to check thermostat  but clueless on checking pump I did refill rad and the started machine with cap off and coolant level did not change
    • By TimsBrickHouse
      DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM HISUN Period! I had the axis 700 for 2 months when a rat or squirrel ate both wiring harnesses. (Main & ECM)Wanna know why? Because the manufacture of these things in their infinite wisdom use either, a soybean oil or a peanut oil to run the wires through the the wire loom. Hmmm i wonder why they would be inclined to eat the wires. So now I have $10K machine that I've only had for 2 months when all this happened and they will not warranty it at all. It is going to cost me $800 to $1000 to get this fixed. Here is a link to a video showing where we took our Hisun notice how many are there:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2FdniAoCyvTJMKae7

So counting mine, there are 16 of Hisun Axis on the lot that i took in for authorized dealer, with the exact same problem, plus other troubles that the mechanic explained to me. This particular place told me they are not going to work on them anymore. I will be posting this in as many places as possible to reach the masses. I hope its worth Hisun!
    • By dant849
      This looks to be a pretty common topic and I've had issues with mine overheating since I got it back around the end of 2019. Started running hot again, thermostat was not opening and they sent me a new one. Installed that, burped the system for air all to no avail. Next in line is the water pump to replace, they sent me a water pump and when I got the old one off it was not turning freely to say the least so I'm thinking that could have been my problem. My issue now is getting the slot in the water pump shaft to line up with the tab inside the engine of the machine. Any tricks to doing this? Thanks in advance
    • By Hisun .500
      So my hisun 500 is tore up and all the wiring is wasted i was wondering can i pull out all the wiring and just put in the. Basics .please help