Quantcast

first trail ride impressions

tsheh4

Alright folks, finally got my buggy off the farm, loaded into my truck bed (yes they fit beautifully in a 6 ft Ford bed,) and taken out to the woods for a trail ride. Machine did great, with me, another full size guy, my 3 year old son, and a dog, we were still able to hit around 50 on the speedo on straight smooth roads, and still was able to climb some decent grades. I had a couple of observations and questions for yall. What notch on the suspension are you using? With all the above weight it still felt to be hitting pretty hard two notches from the softest setting. I loosened it up to the lightest the front, and left the rear as is, and if seems to feel better and still not squatting much with me in it. Also, anyone else notice the tire rubber seems to be really soft? I am noticing significant wear and I am still under 200 miles on mine. Third, I made an attempt to climb a fairly steep quarry wall, no dice, even with just me on board. Clutches started to slip on me. I am debating doing some mods in that regard to help compensate a little for the lack of a low range. I posted looking for info over in the hisun forum if anyone wants to chime in. Overall I am very pleased with the unit. Nothing broke, she rode well, is spacious for its size, and seem to sip the fuel.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By great8redsfan
      Okay folks. I have a low power issue. Been like this for a few years. Place I work at bought 3 and all have lost most of the pulling power.  They gave them away after local shop worked on one for 3 months and it had great power for about 1 month and then crap. They replaced throttle body, fuel injector, spark plug and IAC motor. Seat belt switches have wires cut and left open so no seat belt warning light anymore. It revs to 6k rpm in neutral but when put in gear and take off in low it just doesn’t seem to want to go anymore. Running 93 octane fuel with Stabil.  Any ideas greatly appreciated. I dont have a scan tool but no codes on dash. If held to floor it pops a little and runs almost 5K rpm but if I let off pedal about an inch it smoothed out and revs up to 6k rpm. 
    • By NHTracker
      I have a 2020 Tracker 800SX LE that I bought new in 2020.  Yesterday I noticed two cracks in the bed on the inside corners at the tailgate end.  They go all the way through.   I use it around the property moving firewood, dirt and stuff.  Never put stress on the sides of the bed.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?  Help!!!

• By NHTracker
      I have 2020 Tracker 800SX LE that I bought new in 2020.  Yesterday i noticed two cracks in the bed in the corners at the tailgate end.  They go all the way through the bed.  I use it around the property moving firewood, dirt and stuff.  Don't know how they could occur.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?  Help!!!

• By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By SwampTrapper
      This is my first buggy. I rode a Arctic Cat 500 manual for 19 years. My question is: with the engine running in Park and you rev the engine is the drive belt engaged and turning 🤷