Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
utvman

Rhino 450 Performance Bundle

Available exclusively from Black Rhino Performance.

Our Stage I engine kit is the starting point to wake up your Rhino 450. For those that are looking for substantial gains without having to tear into the motor.

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By KTMspeedFreak
      Hey all, so i’m in the process of an engine swap and thought it may be a good time to let everyone know I am going to sell the beloved Modded 800cc 😢
      Those who subscribe to the youtube channel know what a beast this engine has become! Those that don’t here it is... 
      Drop in Suzuki F8B with closed diff tranny. Engine only had 50hrs total. This is the carbureted version that Joyner used in its 2006 Mini/Sand Vipers.
      Engine is easily 2x more powerful than a stock F8B. This is the little grenade that’s had my buggy going over 70mph as seen on youtube. 
      Heres why it’s so powerful-
      Custom ground camshaft from American Custom Cams. Shaved Head higher compression with 030” clearance. Weber 32/36 carb jetted for sea level. Full stage 3 ported and polished head with enlarged oil ports. Performance 3 angle valve job. Custom build headers. 
      If you’d like to see and hear this baby in action checkout my channel https://m.youtube.com/c/dirtgeartv

• By KTMspeedFreak
      Hey all, some of you know i’m currently working on an engine swap for my 800cc (non brand). For argument sake it’s identical to the older (2006) sand viper in parts.
      For those who have done an engine swap I could really use your help are you using whole donor vehicle axles or are you cutting and  connecting the donor vehicle  axles to the Joyner axles via sleeves? 
      If I use the donor vehicle axles they would be stronger but then I’m having to replace hubs, bearing and probably knuckles brakes etc. So i’m considering welding the donors to the joyner’s so I do not have to replace everything, but i’m not sure if they would be strong enough.
      Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

• By KTMspeedFreak
      Hey Everyone, I’ve created a few other threads and a bit disappointed at the limited responses the forums seem to get. So rather than asking about an engine swap i’d like to share some information with others here in an effort to generate some discussion!
      So i’ve done much research on engine swaps for my 800cc buggy, and my ideal swap would be a suzuki swift gti engine, however they seem to be rare and very expensive if you can ever locate one. The only ones i’ve seen are going for $3500+ which is completely rediculaous becuase the purpose of an engine swap should be to get an inexpensive engine that parts are available for, the suzuki swift is neither.
      So in my research, i’m specifically looking for a naturally aspirated lightweight aluminum engine that produces “acceptable” power. Far as I can tell such a thing rarely exists in the US, which is probably why the G13b engines are so redicualously overpriced.
      What I have found, and present to you is a  Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L It’s an all aluminium, lightweight 3 cylinder NA engine that’s producing 74HP and 74ft lbs torque. Not crazy power numbers I know, BUT for an NA 170lb readily available, AND cheap engine those are not bad in its stock form. Certainly those of you looking to get a little crazier than I can drop a turbo in and up those base numbers. 
      Far as I can tell in my research No one has done this engine swap to date, so I suppose I will have to go fist... I am not quite ready to take on a project of this magnitude but will likely make this my winter/spring project and hope to have it completed by early/late spring next year.
      I will of course document the install and process once it gets under way. In the meantime please feel free to use this thread to discuss other possible engine swap projects or ideas for such! I love me some buggy action and can’t wait to get this swap underway.
    • By kandlinaz
      Well, after a bad experience with repairs to our Trooper, Lloyd tore into the engine himself. We originally wanted to save time by hiring the engine rebuild out, but that bit us square in the butt. Remember the discussion about Silverbullet motorsports in Yuma??
      Stay tuned....we'll let you know what happens. 
      Has anyone rebuilt the engine in these troopers?
    • By WCF
      We would like to add a repair and parts shop to our shop in Southern  California for the Joyners. How many Joyner people in the area do we have that own Joyners?