dunefest_158-460.jpg

dunefest_047-460.jpg

Dunefest continues to expand

Aug 7, 2007

By: Dean Waters

Sandsports at Off-Road.com

2007 DuneFest was the largest yet

Dunefest continues to expand

We just returned from Winchester Bay, OR and 2007 Dunefest. What a great event! The 2007 event was larger than ever and much better organized than in years past. (Except the online event schedule did not match the actual event schedule.)

Starting with the kids treasure hunt on Wends day morning and continuing through the live performance by Grand Funk Railroad on Saturday evening. Dunefest 2007 had enough events that we can't imagine any member of the family or any sand dune enthusiast could not find something to fit their interest.

We suggest that you put Dunefest 2008 on your calendars for the first week in August. Just make sure sure to register early. Parking and camping spaces are limited.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dave pasch
      Got it running. The 4wd gets 12v power but does not engage. The posi traction (rear end) does not engage also.  Any one have experience / ideas on fixing these items?

Thanks Dave
    • By moto mutts
      Ahoy there, me hearties!

Set yer sights on the grand spectacle known as the Shiver Me Timber SXS Fun Run! Cast yer lot with the crew of UTV Offroad Adventures as we embark on a daring escapade to seek both booty and trails in the Moabi Regional Park. This be where the Colorado River flows, a mere 11 leagues southeast of Needles, California. So don yer finest eye patches and make way with your trusty parrot!

Behold, UTV Offroad Adventures proudly presents the legendary Shiver Me Timber SXS Fun Run! 'Tis an event that would make even the bravest buccaneers quiver with excitement! Aye, this three-day revelry promises a safe and organized escapade like no other. Venture forth and uncover hidden treasures aplenty as ye navigate your off-road vessel along waterfront trails, through shifting sand dunes, ancient bridges, and tunnels of yore. Come Friday night, there'll be a ride spanning a hearty 15 nautical miles. On both Saturday and Sunday, ye shall have the privilege to choose from two separate rides, ranging betwixt 50 to 90 nautical miles. And fear not, for the festivities shall include feasts, campfires, quick-draw poker, raffles, and an abundance of merriment, laughter, and revelry. This be an affair for sailors of all ages and UTV backgrounds. Join us in the quick-draw poker rounds, where every piece of eight we gather goes to aid local charities.

Our epic off-road voyage shall commence from none other than Pirate Cove Resort. Nestled amidst the swaying palms and embraced by pristine, sun-kissed beaches along the Colorado River, all of this be situated upon the storied path of Historic Route 66. 'Tis an oasis where RV encampments and cabin rentals await, alongside UTV rentals and more treasures than ye can fathom.

For those wielding mobile devices: For full event particulars, the location chart, the course itinerary, and to enlist yer name among the crew, set yer sights upon the Menu option above, arrr!

Go to www.utvoffroadadventures.com for all the info

• By Greg Kilgore
      We all know summer is hot inside the cabs of our SXS. So I've rigged up a couple of fans to help cool down the cab.

I didn't want to drill the fan's "support rails" into the ROPS (Roll Over Protection System), aka roll bars. So I used water clamps to hold them in place. 

I just need to replace the wires I ran with bigger gauge. Then finish the wiring to switches, relays, and battery. But the hardest part. The actual mounting of the fans is complete. Also just in case anyone plans on doing this. I may have to only use 1 fan in the middle instead on 2. Due the the draw on the battery.
      The fans are 12", 12V 80W. So I'm figured they were 6.7 amps apiece. Used the WAVe formula to get unknown values Watts=Amps*Volts then solve for unknown. I know the watts and volts from sticker on fan. So just used above formula to get amps. So a 7 amp fuse should be OK and a 10 amp fuse will be good. 
      So pulling 14 amps from the battery all day may be too much for the charging system to keep up with. And I haven't even installed the radio yet. So I will have to test and let you know.

See pics below.

• By Chris M
      I can shift into reverse and 'high' gear beautifully, but I can't get the UTV to go into low. I hired a mechanic to change the belt, and clean the clutches. When it came back 'low' gear no longer worked.
      I tried to change I've tried replacing fan gears  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V97JZL5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that were worn down, and it shifts better but, didn't fix the low gear problem. I can't shift into low with the engine off either. It indicates that it's in low gear, but I hear what sounds like something spinning in the middle of the UTV. 

It seems like the mechanic didn't know what he was doing. Never even mentioned it to me that 'Low' didn't work, until I went to use the 
    • By Trace S
      I am trying to locate the 3 wire relay that connects the alternator to the battery on my 2007 Joyner 650 Commando. I bought a new alternator LJ462Q-1-3701010D and now need to replace the 3 wire (black, green, white) that connects to the alternator.  The owners manual does not provide the part number for this 3 wire relay. Looking for where I can purchase this 3 wire relay?