Quantcast

Sreering Shaft

plumber

First you have to remove the u-joint under the dash. Then unbolt the 2 bolts that hold it in place, also under the dash. This requires removing the front hood/deck. A lot of us have ours hinged to make getting access to this area easy. I must have opened my hood hundreds of times now so I', real glad mine is hinged. I use the little rubber T handled bungies that the big trucks use to hold the front down.

Lenny

I,m wanting to take that shaft out of that bracket

First you have to remove the u-joint under the dash. Then unbolt the 2 bolts that hold it in place, also under the dash. This requires removing the front hood/deck. A lot of us have ours hinged to make getting access to this area easy. I must have opened my hood hundreds of times now so I', real glad mine is hinged. I use the little rubber T handled bungies that the big trucks use to hold the front down.

Lenny

I,m wanting to take that shaft out of that bracket

There is a snap ring near the bottom side of the shaft that holds the shaft itself into the tubing is turns in. Remove the snap ring and with a bit of tapping it should come out.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By A P
      Hi
      I have a 2022 hisun sector eps 550. 30amp fuse is blown for eps. Checked the motor and it’s fine. Opened up the controller and found a bad diode. Dealer wanted 500$ for the controller. Just posting this in case it helps someone. I couldn’t read numbers from the old one so just took a guess and replaced it with a 100v 3amp diode. 
    • By qajeff
      Ok, battery was original, replaced it yesterday with a new one, fully charged ant went for a spin, noticed the red battery picture on the dash screen, also after 10 min drive, the power steering was jerky, like it was cutting out. I am thinking the unit is no charging when the unit is driving, should not have a light with a fully charged battery out of the box. Any suggestions, on what to replace ??
    • By Brian W
      Looking for a an alternate besides going to Cub Cadet. Need the steering knuckle that connects power steering rack. 
    • By papillion22
      I'll start by saying i'm learning as i go & have come a long way, but there are some maintenance issues on my mule sx that must be addressed & i've got nobody around with experience & cannot bring it to a shop.

I've got rolling resistance when i jack up the front wheels. Months ago i thought i was possibly a brake issue but didn't yet have the equip. to pull the wheel hubs or press them back on... but the noise/friction seemed to resolve itself. I just checked up on it because i've got the tools for dealing with the brake system now and i noticed the wheels dont really spin... theres a lot of resistance and i can hear it coming from the front diff. I can't remember if it used to do that before, but i dont think it did. Its not the drive shaft or u-joints, but i've yet to pull them to be certain. it really sounds like its in the front diff. just where the drive shaft connects.
      Should the front wheels - when in neutral and in 2wd and no diff. lock - spin freely? Theres too much drag for mine to even go once around. Can anyone point me in a direction? Otherwise its trial and error with cv axles, ball joints, brakes, etc. and i dont have the $ or time for that. 
      I'm in over my head and really hoping someone can help. I'll try to make a video of whats happening, hopefully the sound will come through well. Maybe that will help diagnose it. Thanks.
    • By JWD
      Will the tires and wheels off a 2022 Ranger 100xp 29X11X14 fir my 2016 Ranger 570XP 25X11X12