Quantcast

jlbrant

2008 3010 Diesel Mule has developed a miss

Have a 2008 3010 with 860 hours that has started to miss. Idles OK but starts to run rough when you bring it up off idle into mid range rpms while in neutral. Also runs a little rough under power. I did change the fuel filter and ran some injector cleaner after it started to miss. But it still misses. It also has fresh air filter. Bought Mule new and the Kawasaki diesel has always run like a top.

We have horses and use the Mule daily for chores. I know gas engines pretty well but am weak on diesel. Any thoughts. Is there a good service manual available for the engine?

I've got an 05 mule. The service manual is very thorough. But the troubleshooting section might not cover everything. I think yours likely has an ecm, I hope that's not the problem. My thought would be an injector being clogged.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2012 Kubota 400/idles good backfires when given gas

Troubleshooting Kubota 400.  it  is tough to start, I have to pump the gas pedal. After it starts it will idle, but bogs down and backfires when I  give it gas. I've replaced the fuel pump and it did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions that would not require replacing throttle body and ECU ?

By SPF4524, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Joyner trooper electric power steering for $200..

I made my own electric power steering for my Joyner trooper..I bought a steering column out of a 02 satern vue for $80 at a junk yard..then bought a wiring kit off of eBay for another $80. And made the steering arm...the wiring kit even came with a adjustable nob..

By Tobie1987, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 23 replies
      • 3 replies
    • Joyner Trooper Power Steering

I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU. It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!  

By mixfixdave, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Just started looking at Cub Cadet

Hi, I am trying to decide on a UTV for use at my vacation cabin. It's located on a small island (Gedney, or more commonly, Hat Island) in Puget Sound. Access is only by boat. There is a barge (landing craft) that operates sporadically (about . It costs about $300 each way so, obviously, reliability and dependability is my biggest concern. We have been looking at a Cub Cadet Challenger 550 or 750. We like the features that come with it. In reviews that I have been able to find, there have been some problems with them ranging from leaks to electrical to engine failures. I know that most of the reviews are probably written to bitch about the problem/dealer so I place them in perspective. Does anyone have experience with them and would you recommend them (or others instead)? Thanks, I look forward to your opinions.   Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk    

By Mustang, in New Members Area

• 2 replies