Quantcast

nwwebster

Mule Mistake? I'm looking to buy a mule. found a 2006 KAF620 with 3200hrs. Is this asking for problems? what might be common problems?

Mule Mistake? I'm looking to buy a mule. I found a 2006 Mule KAF620 with 3200hrs. Is this asking for problems with that many hours? What are common problems?

It was owned by a large engineering/construction company and it has a speed governor that I would like to remove. What kind of problem could that give me?

I had the opportunity to visit with a Kawasaki rep in the late 90's when and we were discussing the advantages of water cooled Kaw engines over air, specifically in John Deere lawn mowers. Whether it is correct or not, he mentioned the majority of engines (air cooled) are designed to run around 200 degrees and with good maintenance you might expect to see somewhere around 3500 hours and add 50% to that time when coupled to liquid cool. Even if this estimate is correct or not, 3200 hours is high and a new complete engine would set you back $2000, so I would factor that into the equation, assuming you like the unit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      Before
      Crank un-installedPiston INSTALLED after honing.Crank installed after honing.

Last pic is honed.
      Kind of blurry, took it with one hand. It looks better in person. It may not be professional quality but im 99.99999999999999999% sure it will work.
      Did better than I thought i would.

So now, only ONE more obstacle. the crankshaft axial play adjustment BUT
      I need someones opinion ( i took the piston back out afterwards) not sure if you can see it, but in the picture with cylinder honed, it's almost right where the  glare from the light is, and on top of the cylinder directly across from the spot, it looks like the hone didn't get ruffed up.  any ideas? out of round cylinder, cylinder wore and needs bored??

• By Steve T
      Has anyone installed a backup alarm on a mule sx. If so is it easy to figure out where to install the switch.
    • By Bruce Wayne
      Mule will not start. Turns over like crazy. Replaced plugs,oil is good.Does have one year old fuel filter. Has one year old filters pretty much throughout. Thinking maybe fuel issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By Muledaze
      Dipstick shows pale color, dont think its water, smells like fuel, oil changed one week ago, level is very high.
      First I thought it was water condensed into the oil...but someone pointed out the smell, and it doesn't look white-milky. And a half qt or so in one week?
      So is it possible to get fuel leaking into the oil?

• By Earl Middleton
      I have acquired an older Kawasaki Mule 2010 with KAF 540C engine.  The engine is shot so I have the option to either rebuild or replace.  I am thinking a swap to a three cyl diesel out of a Toro mower.  Anyone tried this?  The only reason I am considering this is because I have the mower which is inoperable.  The engine runs great so just wondering if this swap would be feasible?????