Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
utvnews

Between a Rock and a Hard Spot

By Bill Sutton

(Retired US Forest Service)

sign%20copy.jpgBLOGOnce upon a time the U.S. Forest Service was a proud organization. It did the things it was supposed to do, following the mantra of the man who founded it, a pretty smart guy called Gifford Pinchot. District Rangers were tough guys, able to mark trees or pack a mule. As part of the routine of managing our public lands, a road and trail inventory was kept. The road inventory was called a 7700-9R and the trail inventory a 7700-9T. It listed every known road and trail in existence, based on

read more

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Hisun Sector/Vector 250 Service Manual?

I haven't been able to locate a Service Manual (aka Shop Manual) for the Hisun Sector 250.  Does anyone have one they can share with me?
      I have the service manual for the Strike 250 (thanks Strike250), but I'd like to have the one specific for the Sector/Vector.  Thanks!

By DigitalDan, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies
    • 2011 RANGER RZR / RZR S / RZR 4 Service Manual

Attached is a PDF of the service manual for a  2011 RANGER RZR / RZR S / RZR 4. 2011 Polaris Ranger RZR S Service Manual.pdf

By Alex, in Polaris UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Hisun HS800 Service Manual

Here' s a pdf of the Hisun HS800 Service Manual.  Forth version , May, 2014
      Published by Chongqing
      Huansong Industries
      (Group) Co., Ltd and
      Hisun Motors Corp USA. HISUN800UTVServiceManual.pdf

By Alex, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • hisun 750 Service Manual

Service manual for Hisun 750. Cannot find for download. Does it exist?

By aussie1, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 8 replies
    • 2015 Joyner Renegade Great customer service

I went down to Phoenix and picked up a new Joyner Renegade R4 a week ago Sunday. I can not say enough good about how I was treated. I hate driving in Phoenix and I am 4 1/2 hours from Phoenix. I called and spoke to Brandon the sales manager and asked if there was any way I could pick the buggy up on Sunday. He said no problem, he had one of his employees meet me there on Sunday. This way the traffic was no where near as bad as during the week days, although the heat was bad. I am used to highs in the upper 70's and lower 80's here in the Gila Mountains and it was 100 degrees there, so I was sweating like the proverbial stuck pig. I got it home and the next day, I had a couple minor issues, I called Brandon at 3 in the afternoon, the next morning at 10, Fed Ex pulled in with the parts I needed. I am 61 years old and this was the best customer service I have ever received. About the buggy, I have had 2 Polaris Rangers, a 2007 and a 2009. I had issues with both and one of the issues was broken drive belts. When they break, it is quite a job to get those strings unwrapped from the fly wheel. I also bought a Honda Big Red. The reason I bought it was it was not belt driven and had an automobile drive shaft. This was a decent buggy but REALLY lacked in power. I had to be very careful where I went with it, as if a hill was somewhat steep, it would not make it up. Even an average sized hill, I would be hardly moving by the time I got to the top. I think this was 2 things, not enough power and no lower range. I am totally happy with the Joyner, the 1100 engine gives more than enough power and this buggy is built to last even in this rock invested country I am in. When comparing the Polaris's I had and the Honda, the Joyner takes home the bacon, hands down. Although, from what I have heard Polaris has made improvements but their prices are in my opinion not in line with the product. Gary

By nmwolfer, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies