Quantcast

Between a Rock and a Hard Spot

utvnews

By Bill Sutton

(Retired US Forest Service)

sign%20copy.jpgBLOGOnce upon a time the U.S. Forest Service was a proud organization. It did the things it was supposed to do, following the mantra of the man who founded it, a pretty smart guy called Gifford Pinchot. District Rangers were tough guys, able to mark trees or pack a mule. As part of the routine of managing our public lands, a road and trail inventory was kept. The road inventory was called a 7700-9R and the trail inventory a 7700-9T. It listed every known road and trail in existence, based on

read more

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By strike250
      I have the factory service manual available for the Buck 400. Just send me a message with your email and I'll get it to you. Although there is no charge for this, it would be great if  you would visit my website where you could donate any amount to help do things like this with others who need it. Again, there is no charge for this manual, and no obligation to donate. But if you did, I would thank you for sure. Have fun on the trails. www.warriorsoffroad.com

Matt

• By Alex
      View File 2016 Yamaha Wolverine 700 Service Manual
      2016 Yamaha Wolverine 700 Service Manual
      YX70EPNG
      YXE70WPXG
      YXE70WPHG
      YXE70WDXG
      YXE700E
      Submitter Alex Submitted 03/02/2024 Category Yamaha  
    • By madman
      View File 2022 Segway Fugleman Service Manual
       2022 Segway Fugleman Service Manual
      Submitter madman Submitted 01/26/2024 Category Segway  
    • By mcraigchr
      Howdy all,
      Time for the 200 hour service.  I did see that someone finally put a youtube video up.  Only thing it is missing is the spark arrester service.  Anyone know anything about that?  I did see a youtube video, not related to this one, for doing that service but it is very suspect.  I'm not a fan of beating on parts with a rubber mallet.
      Anyway, here is the video that I will using to do my service.  Hope it is of use to some of you.

CC
    • By Alex
      View File 2015 Polaris RZR 900 Service Manual
      2015 Polaris RZR 900 Service Manual
      The information printed within this publication includes the latest product information at time of print. The most recent version of this Service Manual is available in electronic format at www.polarisdealers.com. This Service Manual is designed primarily for use by certified Polaris Master Service Dealer® technicians in a properly equipped shop and should be kept available for reference. All references to left and right side of the vehicle are from the operator's perspective when seated in a normal riding position. Some procedures outlined in this manual require a sound knowledge of mechanical theory, tool use, and shop procedures in order to perform the work safely and correctly. Technicians should read the text and be familiar with the service procedures before starting any repair. Certain procedures require the use of special tools. Use only the proper tools as specified. If you have any doubt as to your ability to perform any of the procedures outlined in this Service Manual, contact an authorized dealer for service. We value your input and appreciate any assistance you can provide in helping make these publications more useful. Please provide any feedback you may have regarding this manual. Authorized dealers can submit feedback using 'Ask Polaris'. Click on 'Ask Polaris', and then click on 'Service Manual / Service Literature Question'. Consumers, please provide your feedback in writing to: Polaris Industries Inc. ATTN: Service Publications Department, 2100 Hwy 55, Medina, MN 55340.
      Publication Printed September 2014 (PN 9925723 R01)
      Submitter Alex Submitted 10/29/2023 Category Polaris