Quantcast

SPF4524

2012 Kubota 400/idles good backfires when given gas

Troubleshooting Kubota 400.  it  is tough to start, I have to pump the gas pedal. After it starts it will idle, but bogs down and backfires when I  give it gas. I've replaced the fuel pump and it did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions that would not require replacing throttle body and ECU ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Farm man
      I have a hisun 700 I went out to start it one morning and it made a clunk then nothing I am  mechanical inclined so I start trying to figure things out.  I narrowed it down to starter.  I changed it out with a brand new starter it made a grinding sound then nothing please advise me as I’m a old points and spark plug kind of guy not much experience with utv point me in the right direction don’t want to start tearing things down that don’t help??
    • By Joe Breaux
      Has anyone tried using an external electric water pump on these machines?  I watched a video on youtube of one installed on a 1000 cc  side by side that had chronic overheating issues in hot weather.. He claimed that after installing a Prius  electric automotive  pump from junk yard, inline in the inlet hose and bypassing fan temp switch,  that the engine never overheated again. .. I am considering trying it on mine...................... Anybody  else done this? .................. He did not say if he removed the mechanical pump or not.. would it pump thru that pump? 
    • By Paul R
      I have a new Massimo T boss 410 with 2 hours on it. I tried to start it today and I get no power at all. I tried jumping it and still no power sounds electrical problem. Any help would be great 
    • By greendw100
      I have a Massimo 400 Buck that won't start. When I turn the key, I get nothing, no lights, the meter doesn't light up, etc... I replaced the ECU and everything lit up, it cranked perfect, ran for a couple of minutes and shut down again. I have tried calling Massimo, they are pathetic, have been waiting a week for a return call. Any idea where to look? 
    • By lhcribbs
      I recently inherited a 2014 MCU 500. A nephew accidentally put diesel in the tank, proceeded to run it until it stalled out. We proceeded to empty the tank and put fresh gas in it. It ran maybe for 10 minutes then shut off. Haven’t been able to get it started since. That’s when I started to mess with it. This is what I’ve done so far. I might add I know the very basics of on engines so I thought I would come here and get some advice. 

- emptied tank and lines leading up to fuel. Filled and primed with new gas.
      -cleaned air in-take, it was pretty dirty. 
      -did a full oil change. I felt like there was definitely diesel mixed in. 
      -changed spark plug. Tested and working appropriately
      - tested fuel injector and it appears to be working 
      That’s where I’m at so far and still nothing. At this point looking to see what the next steps would be in trying to diagnose what’s going on. Appreciate the help in advance. 

Thanks, 
      Harrison