Quantcast

Wheels Big or Small for my build?

Breff21

Hey guys so i’m new to this whole UTV community but im going to attempt to design and make a UTV from scratch, im 18 and have done quite abit of mechanical pieces, ive made a set budget for 650€ for all the parts and engine not including steel, and so far ive decided i wanted it to be 2 seater have front suspension and rear axle suspension, go atleast 40mph and be very lightweight but stiff design. 
Although im finding it very hard to find parts online that will ship to me within my budget, ive decided on a 420cc 15hp lifan engine as my base and am trying to find a 40 stage torque converter although its not going great but that aside, is this a good engine for what im trying to achive? Will it get me to my speed goal?

Also im having a bit of a dilemma with the wheels as there far more expensive than i thought, im unsure rather to go with a full set of tyres and rims already assembled second hand 21/10/10 rear and 20/8/10 front for 125€ or

or for a good second hand set of 26/12/12 rear and 26/9/12 front for just the tyres at 100€ and then to try and find cheap rims somewhere is another problem. 

im unsure weather or not id really need the bigger 26 inch tyres as 12 inches is very wide and heavy although i see thats what the most popular size for UTV are?

will the bigger tyres be harder on the engine? Which would be faster? 
If anyone with more knowledge to this could help itd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tombo
      How can i Disconnect Hisun 700 2017 UTV  40 km/h speed limiter ? Preferably with a switch. 

• By Louis Limoges
      Hey guys ! I installed a snow track set on my 550 UTV last year and it does a great job even though the engine is not that big. Broke 2 wheel studs so I temporatily replaced them with bolts but I would like to go back to the studs before reinstalling the tracks this winter. Any idea what the default studs are so I can order replacements ? Thx !
      Edit : Any reseller to recommend if I want to order them online in Canada ? 
    • By OviV
      Has anyone found aftermarket side mirrors that work with angled bars on the 800sx other than the super expensive factory ones?
    • By Alex
      Earlier this week — and after much anticipation — Lexus unveiled the new 2022 LX 600 SUV. It's a luxurious American version of the new Land Cruiser and shares a V6 powertrain with the new Toyota Tundra pickup. The LX wasn't a shock; it's just about the most characteristically "Lexus" vehicle one could imagine, except perhaps the LS sedan. But Lexus also released a different vehicle you would not have expected this week.
      At the end of the LX announcement video, Lexus teased a new mobility concept called the "Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle," or ROV. It's an all-terrain vehicle — or, as we will choose to interpret it, a supremely badass golf cart — that runs on a hydrogen combustion engine. Sadly, Lexus did not include an utterly superfluous spindle grille, although the shape of the front end will certainly remind you of that shape.

An ATV makes perfect sense as a showcase for hydrogen combustion. One of the technology's most significant drawbacks for current production use is that it can't produce as much power as gasoline combustion engines with the same size engine footprint. So a low-speed wood path cruiser could get away with far less power than a recreational on-highway vehicle.
      Read more from source: https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a37974052/lexus-off-road-atv-concept/
    • eManualOnline
    • By Ric Silveira
      Got me a New Coleman Outfitter 2021 400
      and joining here to hopefully learn lots about it.
      I understand it's not top of the line but couldn't offord other. I'll be using it for riding around the neighborhood and light off reading here in Southwest Florida and not planing on beating it just some fun with my wife
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Zeeshan Mehmood
      With the help of this community I choose my UTV model and brand. Now I'm looking for UTV Soundbar. For this purpose i searched on Google and Google suggested me that mentioned page for the UTV recommended soundbar speakers. If anyone have any idea regards to the speakers or soundbars kindly let me know. thank you so much.
      Regards: Zeeshan Mehmood
    • By Zeeshan Mehmood
      Its my 2nd day on this plat form. I'm new here in this community but in these two days I got some Premium recommendations. I was in search of these recommendations form the past few months. Thanks you so much for creating such kind of the community.
      Regards: Zeeshan Mehmood
    • By cliffyk
      View File UTV-ATV US EPA Who Makes What
      This document contains "who makes what ATV/UTV engine" information from the 2021 EPA emission certification database. IT can be interesting seeing where all this stuff actually comes from. It includes model year, engine family, manufactuer (brand) name, actual engine maker, vehicle maker, certified models, displacement (cc), power¹ (kW, multiply by 0.746 for HP), and at what rpm that power was observed...
      ------------------------------------------------------
      ¹ -the output power shown is that observed by the EPA during testing the bare engine (engine driven accessories installed but not active). It is a much more real number than whatever the vendor claims in their ads...
      Submitter cliffyk Submitted 04/22/2021 Category Other UTVs  
    • By cliffyk
      This document contains "who makes what ATV/UTV engine" information from the 2021 EPA emission certification database. IT can be interesting seeing where all this stuff actually comes from. It includes model year, engine family, manufactuer (brand) name, actual engine maker, vehicle maker, certified models, displacement (cc), power¹ (kW, multiply by 0.746 for HP), and at what rpm that power was observed...
      ------------------------------------------------------
      ¹ -the output power shown is that observed by the EPA during testing the bare engine (engine driven accessories installed but not active). It is a much more real number than whatever the vendor claims in their ads...
    • By EY-Parthenon UTV Survey
      Hi UTV Board – We are seeking input for a survey on UTV ownership and will compensate participants for their time.  I work at a market research firm called EY-Parthenon and we are conducting a survey to better understand trends in the UTV community and how riders think about purchasing, using, and outfitting their UTVs. The survey should only take 10-15 minutes to complete, and we will compensate those that finish with a $10 gift card, which can be used at many notable retailers (including Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, and Amazon).  All data will be anonymized and aggregated, and survey respondents will not receive any outreach or solicitation after they have completed the survey.
      Please note that we are keeping this survey open over the next few days, but we may have to close it earlier depending on how many responses we receive. 
      If you are interested in participating in our survey, please click the link here: https://survey.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0GnBAbbntZiIcVn

• Gallery Images