Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
UTVBoard News

RANGER RZR Captures SCORE Championship for Fourth Series Championship this Year

2008-Baja1000-UTV-33-731599.jpg

RANGER RZR Captures SCORE Championship for Fourth Series Championship this Year

RANGER RZR wins championships with SCORE, BITD, GNCC and WORCS for 2008

Minneapolis, December 11, 2008 –Mark Lindsay and his RANGER RZR captured the SCORE “UTV Sportsman” championship leading the class with 204 points, 40 points ahead of the second-place finisher. The championship is the fourth for the RANGER RZR in 2008.

“Polaris is extremely happy with the success of the RANGER RZR during the 2008 racing season and we congratulate Lindsay on his championship,“ said Craig Scanlon, product line sales manager for the Polaris Side x Side Division. “The RANGER RZR continues to show its versatility and endurance in Side-by-Side racing and with the addition of the RANGER RZR S, we look forward to a successful 2009.”

Earlier this season, Lindsay made history in SCORE racing by being the first Side-by-Side to finish the Baja 500. His four-man team including himself and Phil Holdsworth as drivers, and Jason Spiess and Derek Tungmala as navigators, finished third in the Baja 1000 despite a couple accidents and challenges. The finish made Polaris Side-by-Sides the only vehicles to finish the Baja 250, 500 and 1,000; with a RANGER RZR finishing the 500 and 1000 this year, and Matt Parks’ 2007 history-making finish of the Baja 250 in a Polaris RANGER XP.

“The vehicle handled the silt, rocks, whoops and sand like a dream,” said Mark Lindsay. “Being the only Side-by-Side brand to finish the various SCORE races proves Polaris vehicles are more rugged than any other Side-by-Side.”

Lindsay’s team was sponsored by Afraidium Racing, FST, BS Sand Seats, Maier MFG, Maxxis, Iron City Polaris, King Shocks, ATVonics, TireBalls, DriFire Clothing, RE/MAX Lindsay Group, HMF Exhaust, Clif Bar, OMF and Vision X.

Lindsay’s SCORE championship is the fourth for the RANGER RZR in 2008. Jagged X and their No. 1919 RANGER RZR took their second Best in the Desert Points Championship in 2008 starting the season with two second-places and ending it with a dominating five consecutive firsts. Multi-time Pro and Pro Production GNCC Winner, William Yokley raced the Polaris RANGER RZR in GNCC’s ”UTV Open Modified” class and went undefeated taking the GNCC UTV Championship. And, Polaris/Lone Star/Eichner Racing’s Doug Eichner captured the top spot for the WORCS Side-by-Side title on his RANGER RZR with six podium finishes.

About Polaris

With annual 2007 sales of $1.8 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all terrain vehicles (ATVs), including the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use. Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ATVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years, are rapidly making impressive in-roads into the cruiser and touring motorcycle marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships. Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII,” and the Company is included in the S&P Small-Cap 600 stock price index. Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime from the Polaris homepage at www.polarisindustries.com.

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By blissman20
      Hey guys, just to give you a bit of back story here first.  I used to ride big mud machines and SxS in the swamp.  Went through a divorce and lost almost everything.  What I got to keep was a snowmobile that I had for years and never rode anymore and wasn’t worth much to me so I decided to try trading it for more or less any UTV/SxS I could.  Well that landed me here, I just traded it for a 2008 Kandi KD650 which is a direct clone of the Joyner Commando 650.  The machine is in rough shape but runs and drives.  I have a few things to repair on it. (Seized choke cable, seized Ignition, and needs a voltage regulator). Going to to princess auto today to pick up a choke cable, and ignition, I have a voltage regulator from an old project that I will wire in.  
      The only thing I am wondering about is the rear end.  The guy I traded it for told me only one rear tire will spin when in 2 wd.  Is that the way all of these are is do  I need to rip it apart.  Also is there any aftermarket support for rear axles or axles that will fit that can be cut down and sleeved and rewelded.  Buddy there did some rednecking with a Polaris axle but not sure how strong it is. 

• By rh242603
      Hello-

New to the forum so luckily there is some help out there lol. Recently bought a 2008 Joyner 1600cc sand viper and loving it. Took it out and had a little accident with a tree stump lol. The stump hit directly on my passenger side tie rod end and broke the heim joint that connects the tie rod end to the wheel. Does anyone know the size of the adjustable heim joint so I can order one? I am having a hard time sourcing one quickly. I am also guessing since it is an outter tie rod end, that it is LH pitched rather than RH? thanks for any help anyone can provide. This is again for the outter tie rod end heim joint that snapped. Thanks
    • By chili bowl
      I’m considering purchasing a 2018 ranger diesel.   I currently have a 2016 900 xp hunters edition which is cool because I have eps and engine brake system.  

How is the kohler diesle performing.    I like the diesel because I mostly work and climb hills and keep a diesel fuel tank at the ranch.  

Any reviews would be helpful

• By Tony Rea
      So, im new to UTV's always ridden ATV's typically the Polaris 850's and such and a few Rubicon's. Moved into the county with some land and figured I'd get back into the country mud. I've been doing some research on UTV's and I am impressed, I went to the local pony powersports and sat in a few atvs, being 6ft1 and 360lbs I wanted to make sure I could fit into one of them comfortably before doing my research on which one I wanted. My conclusion was - the Honda Pioneer 1000 limited edition , or the Polaris ranger xp 1000 (would prefer the highlander edition).  I was trying to do some research on which one is better, I know they are both leaders in the industry from the research I have done.  I'll mostly be driving through creeks taking it to some trails and moving some things here and there (firewood, fallen trees, ect.) the years im considering are 2017,2018 and if there is a big enough change in the model that a 2019 would make more sense then I would do that. Looking to spend 20k ish. Any help on deciding the better of the rangers and pioneers would be appreciated, or if you have another UTV a bigger guy should look into! 
    • By Weathered
      We have been having all kinds of fuel issues with this ranger.  When you try to start it when it is cold outside, it does not want to start.  It will crank over fine but doesn't start but if you stop and come back 10 minutes later or so, it will start up.  But even then, it is idling real bad.  Usually will die a few times before you can get going, really have to feather the gas pedal to keep it alive.  Once it gets warmed up, it does start better but something still not right.  Even when it is warm outside, it will start up but just doesn't idle right.
      I bought a fuel pump kit, not the whole assembly, just the pump and replaced that and the same thing happens.  I am in the process of trying to check the fuel pressure on it but the fuel pressure gauge I got from our local auto parts store seems to be defective.  Had it hooked up and can't get the gauge to show any pressure at all yet it will still start up.   If it does have the correct pressure, what would be the next place to start looking at?  If it doesn't have correct pressure, is there something else on the assembly that would cause low pressure?  We checked the voltage on the connecter and one gets 12 volts for just a few seconds and the other one gets 4.9 volts.  The other 2 show nothing.  I am guessing the one with 4.9 volts is for the fuel gauge sender and the one that has 12 volts is the pump.   When you take the fuel line off on the engine side and turn the key on, how far should it throw fuel out?  
      We have taken it to 2 shops and neither one was able to do anything with it, one said there was nothing wrong.  Not sure if they really did any checking or what or they just don't know what to do with it.  
      Would the whole fuel pump assembly out of a ranger 570 work with the ranger 800?  Would I be able to swap them without any issues?  To buy a whole new assembly, it's around $400, don't really want to spend that much not knowing if it will fix it or not.